Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select multiple clips at once with same marker color

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody, 

QUESTION: is there a way (or workaround) to highlight/select all the clips that share the same marker color? As far as i know this it not standard and you have to color label the clips to achieve this. But my problem is that i color label the clips for a different purpose than how i mark them. I also know that in the markers window i can select a specific marker color and i get to see a list of all the clips with that specific marker color. This is definitly helpfull but not the same as with color labeling the clips, where i can select a specific color (label group) and boom all the clips with the same color (label group) are highlited in the sequence. 

REASON FOR ASKING:
If this is not achieveble with markers, maybe it helps if i explain my reason for the question so that smarter people than me can help with an alternetive solution:) I edit promo's for live bands who send me there footage from loads of different people with different camera's and  colorproifiles. I color label my clips for this purpose. to distinct between the different camera's and batch LUT them.  When i spott the footage, i make markers for different categories: Blue=close up bandmemeber, Red=high energy shot, and orange means: this  shot will definitly make it in the promo. The name of the marker are keywords that are happening in the clip "drummer, fire, strobo" I also make notes in the comments section off the marker if needed, so that i remeber why i choose to color label the clip "reverse this clip and slomo you will get a cool effect". Now when i am ready to edit. i have created my own "google clip search" to easily find clips that i need. But if i want to group all my orange marked clips togehter in a sequence the proces is as follows:  i need to select the orange checkbox in the marker window so only the list of the orange clips will appear in that window. If i select all the clips there, nothing will highlight in my sequence, so i need to select one clip and the timle indicator will move to the specific clip. i select that clip and copy it to my new orange sequence.  iI need to do this for every clip one by one from the marker window. This is of course very inefficient. I am very thankfull for every one who will take time to read this and makes an effort to help. 

Best Regards Jaap 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a native way to select clips based on colors of markers, which the clips contain. But I just wrote a little tool with my (paid) extension Automation Blocks for you. It allows you to select a label color and then it will select all clips in the active sequence, which have a clip marker with that color.
Here you can see it in action: select_clips_by_marker_color.gif

I added the tool to the community library. here is the direct download of the xml-file

The easiest way to run it is to install the trial version of Automation Blocks and the load the xml file  using the "load" button in the Automation Blocks user interface. 

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow Mathias, that is so friendly and helpfull! This is exactly what i was looking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines