• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence Settings - Editing Mode and Video Previews?

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my videos are exported and uploaded to YouTube.  In Adobe Premiere Pro sequence settings, how do I know if I am using the correct Editing Mode and Video Previews settings?  Thanks!  (Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2 / Windows 7)

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to get sequence settings is normally to simply move a clip of your standard media to a timeline area ... drag/drop from Project panel to a blank timeline panel, drag/drop onto the New Item icon lower right of the project panel, right-click "new sequence from clip" option ... all work. Don't worry if it says something like "Arri X" or whatever, as what it does is look at the specs for the clip involved, then go down alphabetically through the list of sequence presets to find one that matches your media.

If you have specific needs, you can of course modify a preset or current sequence, save that as a new preset. I recommend giving it a name so it appears at the top of the list in alphanumerical sorting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I know if I am using the correct Editing Mode and Video Previews settings?

You have to know what you're doing, and how those various settings interact.

I went to a trade school to learn this stuff.  It's a good route, I recommend it.  But these days there are far more online options as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here you have a good reference Create and change sequences in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines