• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift an audio clip an exact amount of time

Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some background music that I would like to divide into loopable chunks of 9 seconds each. Once I have one 9-second chunk isolated, is there an easy way to shift (slip) the audio track exactly 9 seconds to get to the next chunk?

My current process is to put a marker at the end of the clip, then go to Speed/Duration, unlink the speed and duration, set the duration to 18 seconds, and then move the left side of the clip to the marker. Is there an easier way?

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could create clip markers with my (paid) extension BeatEdit.

Just let it put markers on the entire audio clip, then you can trim it down to any section easily. If you later make a trimmed clip longer again, the markers for the entire song should still be there and show up again.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kris,

I think the easiest way to do this is to add sequence markers to your timeline. You can quickly do this by adding a marker at the end of your first loopable chunk. Then go to your Markers menu and turn on "Copy Paste Includes Sequence Markers." Now copy and paste as many loopable chunks as you think you'll need—this will paste markers to your sequence that you can use to guide your music edit.

I also recommend Mathias' plugin BeatEdit.

If you know the beats per minute of the song (BPM), you can load the track in Audition, where you can measure your timeline by tempo instead of frames. Adding a marker in Audition will also appear in Premiere after you save. Most stock music will include details about BPM on their websites.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can move any selected clip a certain amount of time by using the numeric pad on your keyboard, so to move your clip 9 seconds, you can press +900 on the numeric pad to move the selected clip 9 sec forward. If nothing selected +900 will move your CTI 9 seconds forward.

You can also create placeholder clips of a certain duration on another track as a visual reference like in this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGc2dDQEN0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to move the clip; I want to shift the contents of the clip inside the clip container without moving the position of the container on the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha, I made a short video that demonstrates how to do it:
https://youtu.be/wRVpdqZ-cuo

Let us know if that solved the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kris Hunt , does my last solution solved your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines