• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Short cut for moving to end of a comment marker

Participant ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So "shift+M" takes me to the BEGINNING of the next marker (comment marker), but I've seen video tutorials where repeatedly using "Shift+M" can be used to go beginning-end-beginning-end etc.... of the timeline markers.

My question is how?
I can't find any command in the "Keyboard shortcuts" preferences that says "goto end of marker". This seems as a default in some Premiere Pro setups, but my shortcuts always go to the markers beginning and ignores the end. Would be nice to figure out how.

Thanks 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Thanks for the video link. I think he's got it wrong, at least explaining it wrong, he's not shown the 'go to the end of marker' feature at all, though he says he's showing that.

If you look closely at his expanded shot just after he 'explains' the go to end of marker, you'll see there is another marker on the clip at the very bottom of the audio track, and that's at the 'go to end of marker' in his explanation, he's really just going to the beginning of that marker.

MyerPj_0-1623705483109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is one. I've not seen it, and I just looked in the keyboard prefs and couldn't find one. I looked in Prelude too, the Adobe program designed for adding markers (and seemingly never updated - could it possibly get any slower?). 

You can post a request using the link below if you think it's a good feature.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply @MyerPj 
I insist there is one (short cut) or else this video is fake: https://youtu.be/Q5OJOLK-3cI?t=187
Here he is clearly moving from start to end of the timeline markers. I would love to be able to navigate the timeline markers the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I see it in the video but in my time in the software I've never actually seen it work like that. And testing it now it still doesn't work like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I know! This YouTube-guy is showing off dancing through his markers like Fred Astaire! (Woops, I just sounded like I'm hundred years old.) I'm standing in my timeline with bricks on my feet. I can't figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video link. I think he's got it wrong, at least explaining it wrong, he's not shown the 'go to the end of marker' feature at all, though he says he's showing that.

If you look closely at his expanded shot just after he 'explains' the go to end of marker, you'll see there is another marker on the clip at the very bottom of the audio track, and that's at the 'go to end of marker' in his explanation, he's really just going to the beginning of that marker.

MyerPj_0-1623705483109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marked as correct. That is exactly what's going on here. I just tested this on Premiere CC2017 through CC2021 and it has never jumped to the end marker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MyerPj impressive Poirot-skills. You are absolutely right! I missed that, so massive thanks to you and everyone else. I followed your advise and made a user vote request:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43633848-add-option-to-also...

For you and everyone else who accidentally drops in here please share a vote.

You guys are awesome, effective and helpful. Have a nice day 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW: Since this post was active (2021) UserVoice is no longer used. Feature Requests (Idea) and Bug submission are all on this forum now. So, on the main Premiere forum page, just add a new post, and you can select from the Radio button as below:

MyerPj_0-1689192690337.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines