• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to select all clips from one single track? without making a rectangle around with a mouse

Engaged ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Selecting multiple clips, especially inside one single track is pretty easy, you use your mouse and make a rectangle around them,

but sometimes when it get crowded, I"d rather have the option to "select" the track actually. Just something like CTRL +click on one of the clips or CTRL+click on the trackname => all clips selected within that track.

Or similar.

Does that exist?

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift Track Selection Forward.

(You need to hit F1 once in a while).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Ann Bens , what does it mean shift track?

I tried maintaining SHIFT key or SHIFT and CTRL, and moving around selection of clips,

What do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll down to  How to select everything to the right on a Single Track

here:

https://semicolon.dev/premiere/how-to-select-everything-to-the-right#:~:text=You%20can%20also%20acti....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! will check it out!

Edit: Very powerful stuff thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob  do you have something about removing the empty space BEFORE your FIRST clip only (something that removes the first gaps before any clip, but does not remove the gaps between your other clips only the beginning)

Do you have something like that? Or do you know how to tell premiere to ignore the empty space before your first clip?

Or even how to move a selection at once DIRECLTY until it hits another clip ot it hits the 0 second bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bed30321077z973 

Sorry, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove a gap, right click on the gap > Ripple Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that work on gaps that start from 0?

I actually saw an idea ON A DREAM, But I don't think the solution I saw in my dream works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with any gap that you right click on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to save me so much time! Thanks @ali Jaber

Any other tricks like that I should know? You guys really deserve the title "Experts".

(The fact I saw myself finding a solution on my dreams, tells you howmuch I needed it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another tip: if you want to do ripple edit on a track without affecting a certain other track, just disable Toggle Sync Lock for that other track:

Sync.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great stuff! Since we are it , do you think its possible to automate 3 actions that would always happen if I click one single button ro something (without scripting) for example:

Ripple delete gap, select all clips on a track, apply a gain, apply a video effect. DONE

I would love to do that in one click

Even scripting does not allow most of these features I think so..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that if you have a mouse with additional buttons, or a tablet with additional function buttons, then you can record a macro and assign it to any one of these additional buttons.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/how-to-record-macros-using-the-macro-record-button-on-your...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines