• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slowmotion, please explain it like a fool :)

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of Premiere pro 2024. If I shoot with a Nikon, DJI pocket cinema 2 or DJI drone for example. 4k 60fps with shutter angle 180. So what kind of new sequence should I create for timeline?

I have tried to create a UHD (4K) 3840x2160 delivery in Rec. 709. 23.976 frames per second but if I slow down to 40% then even after rendering the footage is choppy.

But if I create a 60fps timeline then I can slow down to 50% and the footage is buttery smooth.

My brain is melting right now :S

I am a mac user. M2.

Should I use presets? How about codec, prores 422? 

Thank you, I appreacite!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General rule is to make a sequence that matches the footage.

(no experience with 23.976 as I live in Pal land).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your drone footage in the project panel, right-click > Modify > Interpret Footage, set the frame rate to 24 fps. Did that solve your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

simplest way to create a sequence that matches your source is to select a clip in the project panel and control click and choose "new sequence from clip."  if you need to change the playback speed, you can experiment with Modify"±Interpret footage±" as Ann suiggests or select the clip in the timeline and choose clip:  speed duration.  There are three options for "time interpolation" and see which of the options gives you the best results...    Optical flow will probably give you the best results...

Using an all i-frame format like prores is probably advisable...  although shouldn't be necessary...

Post back if you have any questions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines