• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space Bar ... less responsive stop

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Space Bar exhibits less responsive stopping since the  update a couple of days ago.

Anyone noticed that?

Starts fine.. but rolls on maybe 12-15 frames after Space Bar or "K" press.

PITA and less than desireable behaviour!

BTW: CS5.5 does not exhibit this . (and was not updated)

Maybe someone from Adobe can advise the likelihood that what was supposedly an UPDATE without adding anything significant can cause this issue please.  Obviously  the size of the update file contained a lot more than what was announced.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1073309?tstart=60

The cuda supported files were affected (back to default) and reports about the Adobe Appplication Manager are filtering in. You will note a new desktop icon has been added for it.  I opened it and closed it immediately when it asked for agreement to Terms.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1073843?tstart=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously  the size of the update file contained a lot more than what was announced.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe someone from Adobe can update us on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 6.0.3 update is cumulative, so it contains all the changes from 6.0.2, along with the changes to address the code signing issue described here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2012/09/new-updates-for-adobe-media-encoder-premiere-pro-...

As always, be sure you have the latest drivers for your third party hardware (BMD, Matrox, AJA, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW...

I updated to 6.02 a few days ago, and noticed the "un-responsive" spacebar yesterday. Premiere crashed and closed soon after the symptom appeared. AJA Kona LHi has been stable.

I restarted Pr and cleared my cache, and was able to finish what I was doing  (an export) without incident.

I noticed the new Application Manager icon on my desktop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BGabriele wrote:

FWIW...

I updated to 6.02 a few days ago, and noticed the "un-responsive" spacebar yesterday. Premiere crashed and closed soon after the symptom appeared. AJA Kona LHi has been stable.

I restarted Pr and cleared my cache, and was able to finish what I was doing  (an export) without incident.

I noticed the new Application Manager icon on my desktop as well.

Are you back to normal after clearing the cache?  Is the spacebar responsive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacebar seemed to respond normally afterwards, but at that point, I wasn't looking for trouble. I needed to complete what I was doing. I'll evaluate the situation more thoroughly this evening, and will let you know what I find.

I hope I was clear before...I meant that until this last update, my AJA equiped setup has been running without issue. When I did the update to 6.02 I didn't reinstall any other drivers, etc.

I'll keep an eye on what others forum members are posting, as well.

...Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. . . . As a follow up to my earlier post,  I'm confirming a time lag starting playback when using the spacebar, the L or J, as well as the play button. No crashes yet, this time. Consistant, from within two projects - one HD, one SD.

My version of Premiere, Media Encoder and Encore are rev 6.02. Does 6.03 clear this?

...Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. The lag also happens when you hit PLAY, it's just not as critical as a clean STOP. I had to uninstall, reinstall, then find the 6.0.1 update to make it go away, and here I'll stay til it gets solved.

MacPro 4,1, 12gig RAM, Intensity card, GTX570 (macvidcards).

Greg Leslie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue on a my MacPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this problem as well on a MacPro, lagging on stop within the Premiere GUI - I have a Black Magic output card installed. When I deselect the Black Magic card from playback preferences things go back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the update to the Black Magic drivers over the weekend. Definitely an improvement. For the first time since switching to CS6 I'm actually editing with my grading monitor switched on. Not perfect though, still a little laggy, and when I play anything at high speed the lag becomes huge, but mostly pretty good. I think it's dropping frames to try to keep up though, so the sync is better but still not perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the new driver and a few quick tests...a few minutes ago..

I am reporting that the "latency"  has much improved since I installed BM Driver 9.6.6  (Win 7) for HD SDi Decklink.

Insignificant latency on spacebar stop ...which was my issue.

Very pleasing to have that fixed.....thank you. 

(Always hope I dont speak too soon on things like this!)  caveat emptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shooternz,

Please check your project playback.. while the spacebar stop is better now (9.6.6. BMD drivers), I am now seeing glitching playback of video.  I've double checked a few projects and it's happen on everything playing back.  I've rebooted again and still the same thing.  I've checked both of the playback drives and they show 518MB/s playback speed on both.  I didn't see this with 9.6.5 or earlier drivers.  Sigh.. I guess I'll have to go back a driver version to continue working even with the spacebar problem. 

Anyway, please check your projects playback and let us know if you see problems.

Thanks,

Wayland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do a check on that a little later when back near the suite...then report.

What am I looking for  ?   "glitching"...how glitching?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of glitching are you seeing? I'm just wondering if it's the sort of stuttering-frame-dropping playback I'm getting or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wayland ( + Simon)

I am getting what Simon is describing !!!

If I turn off BM Playback...no issue.

Guess I am rolling back to latency land!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I'm not seeing any problems after updating my AJA Kona drivers to 10.3.2.  I'm running PrPro 6.03.  I checked a recent project that has 3 video tracks, and the timeline (as seen on both the gui and external monitor) starts, runs and stops smoothly,  with no issues.

...Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone eexperiencing other issues with their playhead besides the lag in start/stopping.  Mine is not always wanting to play from where I position it. If I reposition the playhead after stopping, it will often jump back to the point where it stopped rather than where I've placed it. It also doesn't like to advance frame by frame.  Seems to be lag everywhere unless I give the system time to "buffer." Even at 1/8 and 1/16th paused/playback resolition.

I thought it may just be an R3D issue, but after reading through this thread, I'm not so sure.

Premiere 6.0.2

Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme (9.6.6)

MacPro 3.33GHz 6-Core

322GB RAM

Quadro 4000

RAID 5 via eSata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, SimonHy,

First.. Thank you.. I'm happy to see that I am not crazy.. well.. just yet.   The timeline playback exactly as you say above.  It seems to be glitching anytime there is a CG or .tga or sequence graphic overlayed.  If I playback just the video itself it does not glitch..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, rolled back to 9.6.5.. all glitching on video/graphics playback is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have to roll back further than that.  Never had 9.6.5 because the driver came in with Resolve Lite.

Was 9.6.5 a windows BM Driver? (anyone know)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can get the driver from BMD's website just find the current one and then look for the 'archived' drivers.

I'm on Win7 64bit. It's working just fine...well.. all but the spacebar problem.

Wayland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shooternz, wws-svs.

Are you guys seeing this with various frames rates and resolutions? Does this only happen if there's a clip on V2? Does it need to be a graphic or picture or will another video clip produce the same outcome? GPU on or off make a difference?

Will work on getting this resolved ASAP.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting it in both the source and program monitors, with no effects, on v1. With GPU; I didn't test GPU on or off but I can tomorrow. Mostly 1920 50i AVCHD footage from an FS700, but also some Apple XDCAM.movs - they both played about the same. If you double or triple tapped L to play faster, often the grading monitor would carry on at the same speed while inside the GUI things are fine. The 220fps stuff from the FS was particularly laggy.

The sync overall is definitely better than it's ever been on CS6 for me, I've always had huge lag. It's now very in time with the GUI, it just looks like it's dropping frames to achieve that. I'm using a Mac Pro 3,1 on 10.7.5 with a GTX285 and a Decklink SDI card. FCP7 runs fine. I'm going to stick with it rather than roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on the space bar delay issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.. and BMD has never produced a new driver either. Plus, they have not fixed the driver installer so that the BMD software

looks to see where Premiere is installed. It assumes it's always on the C: drive. This installer bug started back a couple of drivers ago.

Best wishes,

Wayland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines