• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speedgrade 2017

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it.  So I guess it's dead?  RIP Speedgrade, you never had a chance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Ask Adobe at this link:  http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html  The

decision-makers don't read these forums

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am too extremely disappointed to see no 2017 update. I wish Adobe can clarify the future of Speedgrade.

The Lumetri Color Panel in Premiere Pro is great, but not a Speedgrade replacement... yet.

If there are plans to integrate the whole of Speedgrade's toolset into Premiere Pro like DaVinci Resolve, that will be great. But please let us know, the creatives who use your applications.

The Direct Link feature was brilliant and with it removed, it's a pain now to export an EDL to go into Speedgrade, a backward step in innovation, not forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently at Adobe MAX in San Diego. SpeedGrade is I guess ... sort of on "hiatus". It may be dead, or as in a couple other programs, they may decide in a cycle to revive it. Personally, I'm not too hopeful. But it is still insisted that it is not completely ... dead ... yet.

Again, not too hopeful. And I won't know if Patrick Zadrobilek's cool little conversion applet works with PrPro 2017 back to 2015.1 Sg until I can get home next week and reload every freaking program back into my new rig ... my old mobo bit the dust the week before leaving for MAX, how ... impolite ... of it. New machine will be built this week, but I'll have to get in all reset. What a pain.

Anyway ... limbo-world.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never able to achieve the same level of precision using Lumetri compared to SG. I'm really hoping Adobe will address this, because as it is now, it's a major loss for users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, yea. Lumetri via mouse or pen-tab is not the swiftest process unless you've only got a few clips or don't do that much anyway. Using the Tangent Ripple, Lumetri is a ​very​ different beast, vastly more intuitive, faster, and capable ... of what it can do. With only a single HSL Secondary, the limitations on the Basic tab as far as under/over values go, and no auto shot-matching and real 2-up view.

Multiple instances of Lumetri can get around some limitations ... but can start slowing the machine down.

And yea, in all isn't as fast nor capable as SpeedGrade. Which with a Ripple or Element ... really starts whipping along.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm it's a bit of a shame, althoug I must admit since Lumetri appeared I've stopped using Speedgrade, and used 3rd party plugs to fill in the gaps.

Having all the controls of Speedgrade (plus its finer default adjustment speed) plus those of Camera Raw, all inside Premiere would be amazing.

But then the biggest thing for Adobe Premiere would really be a ground up rewrite, as Apple did with FCPX...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What third party plugins do you use to fill the gap?  Lumetri feels like a child's toy compared to Speedgrade.  Not a professional option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Give us SG/Dlink back!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask Adobe at this link:  http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html  The

decision-makers don't read these forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has announced that Speedgrade has now gone EOL unfortunately.

Re: As of August 22, 2017 Adobe will be stopping all development for Speedgrade CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines