Copied

77777.jpg9997.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe PPro relies upon the spell checker that came with your OS. Please make sure it is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I to resolve this question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit- Speling, uncheck Check Spelling...done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, how do I solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that. Are you working with captions? If so, what language are you using?

You can also check this article for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/spelling-find-replace.html

Let us know if this helps.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I am not working with captions, just a generic text. I am working with english version of Premiere, but in Portuguese OS. Maybe it is related to the fact I had to change the version using the following method?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FftVJVdY3Yo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
Same problem here. When I try to change the language of the spell checker, I can only chose German or French but no English even though I am running Premiere Pro in English. Odd.

- Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone in advance

I'm just gonna go through the steps I take to lead into the problem I am experiencing, i.e. spell check not working. In fact, the spell check doesn't seem to work either with this Adobe Support Community post?

1. Open Premier Pro 2023 
  2. Open media (Movie) and use the voice to text transcription tool
  3. Get the transcript after about 10 minutes and hit the CC option.
  4.  I have the check spelling option checked (menu under the 3 dots on the upper right of the captions window)
  5. I begin the media and fix whatever the speech to text may have missed, any dialogue mistakes, breaks, cadence, etc.
  6.  At no time during my review of the text/dialogue are misspelled words underlined/identified. (I intentionally misspelled words to test if the check spelling tool was working and it was not)
  7.  I hit the Graphics tab since I watched a video and they showed that using the text in the Graphics tab can run the spell check, but it does not even have text in the tab.
  8.  I save the SRT file, open it with Notepad, copy the text, create a Word document with the copied text and then run a spell check which is the only method I found to work considering, I'm guessing, a check spelling bug has an issue in Premiere Pro 2023. 
  9. I called Adobe and they have not encountered this spelling error yet in PP 2023 and couldn't help me fix the issue.
  10.  If I open the SRT file in the Subtitle Edit app, any word that is apparantly misspelled is underlined in red.
  11.  Help!

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines