• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stereo Reverb?

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add any reverb effect to either a stereo or mono audio track in Premiere OR Audition, the reverb only yields a MONO effect. How can I activate stereo reverb?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same dude idk what's happening and I can't find anything about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been through quite a few discussions here, other forums, and at NAB with the devs and other users about this sort of thing. So I can give at least some background. Some information, which perhaps supplies the underlying bit to understand this seemingly ... odd ... thing.

Most of the 'heavy' audio pros do not seem to like stereo at all, they use dual mono. Apparently, ProTools is built around dual mono and that's just "the way it is" for so many in the field. They can point out how dual mono is vastly better than stereo in essentially all respects. And more ... malleable ... at need.

And  I've been through so many presentations from "names" in audio, that the first thing you do on importing media is to change any stereo to dual mono. "As it ain't gonna fly going later to your audio guy in ProTools anyway."

Some users of course do work using stereo. And for them, this lack of um ... detail? ... in stereo stuff is a pain.

Well, yea. It's not as easy to do stereo stuff in Premiere as dual mono.

But then, everyone's mileage always varies. No two of us work alike. It's just frustrating when the way we want to work isn't as supported as we'd like ... and I've certainly got my issues there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines