• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange vertical lines

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vertical lines appear while playing the video in premiere and when I export the video the lines increase. But when it is paused you don't see those lines. The recording is fine.

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-29 195952.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-29 200009.png

  

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Hi @Pitbull30797198fogd,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please let the team know. I hope we can help you.

All The Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed the gamma effect, and now they are squares jajaja.

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-29 201130.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try highlighting the footage in the project panel and doing a right click/modify/interpret footage and change the fields and pull downs and seem if it helps. If it has fields you may need to change it to no fields or progressive. Or vice versa. I hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interlaced footage scans vertically (top-down) so the lines appear horizontal, issue here is vertical lines, but great guess as the lines do look like interlaced footage, just side to side instead of top to bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that if I turn on high quality playback, the lines disappear in the preview. But when I export, the lines still appear.

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-30 012412.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-30 012634.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am getting exactly the same bug. It is infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try putting 3D LUT Interpolation in Tetrahedral in the Project Settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it might have been introduced by the camera used to record the footage.

What does the picture look like when viewed outside of Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't from the camera. At the start of my edit it was fine, but half way, the lines appeared for me. SOS Pls help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem pop up after an update. In my case, it was a CUDA issue. I changed from CUDA to OpenCL in Project Settings and it cleared right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this issues as well. This cleared up mine too! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pitbull30797198fogd,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Please let the team know. I hope we can help you.

All The Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I've faced this issue with multiple projects with multiple camera footage types, and have found commonalities to help you guys locate the issue:

• Only happens with Premiere 2023, I also have 2024 installed and not getting the issue there if I version-up (can't do this due to CC 2023 compatibility required by client)
  • Only happens with proxies for me, not the full-res media. Used the ProRes proxy presets, so nothing custom.
  • Lines are vertical, not horizontal, so it's not a interlaced/progressive issue.
  • When paused, regardless of full/half/quarter paused resolution the lines appear, lower res just blurs them together but getting half the luma... but during playback, regardless of playback resolution, the lines aren't appearing for me. They also don't show up in the render in my case, just a proxy issue.
  • Also getting inconsistent issues where sometimes the lines show when paused in the Program monitor but not the Source monitor, and sometimes it's vice versa and lines show during playback and go away when paused in the Source monitor. Same footage source format, same proxy format, just sometimes closing the project/re-opening moves the bug from one monitor to the other, or on both. And sometimes in the Source monitor I get the lines both during playback and paused, wheras the Program montitor for the same clip on a timeline might only show lines when paused instead of playback.
  • I tried Cineform proxy preset, which removes the lines issue when paused, but then during playback everything is tinted red, as though a tint effect was applied and the blacks were tinted red and the whites were left as white.

The ONLY workaround I've found so far is setting the Renderer to Software Only in Project Settings, but this is not a fix, as I'm bypassing my GPU.

So my conclusion is something is bugged with Adobe 2023 that was fixed for 2024 (I can't use 2024 with this client since I need to match their version) regarding GPU Acceleration/CUDA displaying proxies when paused. It's not a system issue as I saw others using Macs, and I'm on a brand new custom-built PC with 192GB RAM, a new GeForce RTX 3090 GPU, new i9 processor, etc., and working off an M2 SSD so there's no hardware issues. Had the same problem on my last rig with lower specs.

Hope this info helps find the bug to patch the 2023 version, as I'm sure others also have to use last year's version for clients that require projects to be CC 2023 compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue did you find any solution?? Share if you got any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hii i am too getting the same problem can u plz help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem - after months of editing without any problems my Proxies are suddenly plagued by being grayed out with distinct vertical lines -- The original footage is fine. I 've redone the proxies several times, even tried a lower setting ( changed from the Quicktime / Prores Mid 1280x720 size choice ).  Went through all my NVIDIA driver settings and followed suggestions for best Premiere Pro settings in NVIDIA Control Panel. Nothing changed.  I see quite a few people developed this problem the same time I did. I am on the last version of 2023, as 2024 completely crashed on me and the Adobe tech told me to go back to 2023.  I have powerful new windows 11 PC and a RTX 4070 with lots of RAM memory.  Help if you can please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go back to mercury playback engine > software only. 
files - project settings - general. 
it fix it for me.. 

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what saved me. Just means playback is super slow but hey ho.  Was on a job where the edit had to be submitted 2 hrs after shooting and this happened, thanks for that Adobe, nearly seriously did me there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Pitbull30797198fogd,

I hope you're well. I didn't hear back from you about whether you are still experiencing this issue. I'll move this post to the discussions forum while I await your response.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Switching to openCL from CUDAs fixed it, but was a new and weird
artifact.

Online have not been able to find out if there are disadvant;ages.
UH
ED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encountered this issue today as well. Vertical lines appearing randomly across all footage in the preview window, which never were there before. Running latest version of Premiere Pro 2023 and the latest video card drivers (RTX 4090 video card). The lines go away if I switch from CUDA to OpenCL... but then the performance abysmal by comparison. I would also like a fix for this issue...

VerticalLines.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@-ChronoWolf-  install Studio Drivers 552.22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to these drivers appears to have resolved the issue for now., Thanks. Can I assume that Adobe is working with nVidia on a permanent fix with the newest/latest drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked out for me as well. Here is the link for the download:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/224163/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines