• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Struggling with new Enhance Audio feature

Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I do an edit on a clip with "Enhanced Audio" from the essential graphics panel, Premiere has to re-analyze the entire clip, process, and then allow me to hear it correctly.

Previously, I would upload to https://podcast.adobe.com/enhance - yes it was an extra step but I never had to worry about this issue as I was working with an audio track as expected.

Premiere should not need to re-process constantly, and the more I cut, the more time-consuming and frustrating it is.

Was this an oversight? Is there a way around this?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

@yash-lucid this is working as designed. Enhance Speech will only process the portion of the audio that is used in your sequence. This way if you only cut in, say, 10 seconds of an hour-long audio piece, you only have to spend the time to run Enhance Speech on that 10 seconds. But that means if you trim or otherwise change the length of the audio segment used, Enhance Speech now needs to re-analyze the clip. There are two approaches you could take to avoid this:

1. Apply Enhance Speech at the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe enhance when done with cutting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I will do where possible in future, but for now I am transcribing audio recorded from a webcam and so enhance is critical in the early edit, but I'll likely try Matt's suggestion to bake in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yash-lucid this is working as designed. Enhance Speech will only process the portion of the audio that is used in your sequence. This way if you only cut in, say, 10 seconds of an hour-long audio piece, you only have to spend the time to run Enhance Speech on that 10 seconds. But that means if you trim or otherwise change the length of the audio segment used, Enhance Speech now needs to re-analyze the clip. There are two approaches you could take to avoid this:

1. Apply Enhance Speech at the end of your editing process

2. Cut the entire clip into a timeline, run Enhance Speech, then right click and choose Render and Replace... which will create a new WAV file of your audio with any effects on it. Then use that new WAV clip in your edit, with the Enhance Speech already "baked in"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give this a try thanks for the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines