• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching between 2024 workspace and Encoder??

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I switch back and forth from Premiere 2024 to Encoder? In the past when working on multiple projects, I could finish each project and send them all to Encore to export. Now with 2024, when I send one project to Encoder, my Premiere workspace disappears, and I can’t get back to it. I have to finish with Encoder export, then shut Adobe down and reopen it to continue. Doesn’t make sense. Am I missing something? Appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't favor us with the actual version number of PP or your OS, so of course we are flying blind. It wouldn't take too much time to look at the help/about screen in  PP and give us the real version number.

I'm on 24.3 and it is working normally. The minute I press <<Send to Media Encoder>> I go back to my previous edit workspace. In Windows, you might seem locked to the ME screen, but clicking on that anywhere and then on the PP screen brings me right back to where I was editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the lack of info. I am using PP 24.3 on a new Dell XPS with Windows 11, and 64 GB of RAM. I've included a screenshot of my workspace. As soon as I send the project to Export Media, this is how it appears. You can see in the second screen that most of my PP workspace has disappeared, except for a few panels on the right. From this screen I cannot get back to my original workspace. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I'm not clear on your low res screenshots or is it a screenshot? IE: just one. Here's what I can do, at the top left of the (my) main PP window are the three buttons, and I can click on the Export button and it takes me to the screen in your shot (left side). If I then click on Edit it takes me back to my editing screen/workspace. In both cases, a second window with various pp panels does not change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have enough RAM to support both at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines