• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tabs wont work

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i click on the effects or graphics tab at the top, The program goes blank and freezes up. i have the most up to date patch, plenty of storage space, and im using my beast of a PC, so i know its not any of my hardware. im assuming i have some sort of option selected that i shouldn't or something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no user setting to make the software work like that.  Something went weird on your system.

Have you tried resetting those workspaces that go funky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive reinstalled the entire suite...still doing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not quite the same thing.

Have you tried resetting those workspaces that go funky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by "resetting" its a fresh program, nothing to reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is under the Windows menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just did it. as i do not have any "saved Layouts" to reset to, it didnt do anything...as i said, i JUST reinstalled it, and there are no saved presettings. everything is at Default right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Saved Layout" would be the defaults that come with the software, if you haven't yet created any new saves.

The reinstall won't necessarily reset those, as preferences aren't by default fully erased with a normal Uninstall, and the default option is for workspaces to come in as part of the project.  So in these ways, a corrupt workspace could have been the issue.

Try Step 3a or b below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running a GTX 1060 with the exact same updated driver from when it was working fine; so no driver to update, and i dont feel that backdating driver would help, and this GPU Driver worked fine 2017. i feel its a CC 2018 Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be.  I don't have the issue here using a 1070, though.  Something seems to have gone weird with your machine.

I don't know that an older drive would help.  It's just something you can try that sometimes works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ill try it out

Im pretty A-retentive about my rig, so its running well. ill try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried back dating a couple old drivers, didnt work. still does it. any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in 2017? Or did you uninstall it?

Is it only the Effects and Graphics tabs? Or others?

Can you select tabs using keyboard commands? For example, Shift-7 is Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked fine in 2017. once i updated to 2018 it started doing it. i uninstalled it (for other reasons also) and reinstalled and still was doing it.

I was able to get into the Audio tab. havnt tried other yet.

When I Shift-7 it brings up the tools in the Projects window; but not by clicking it on the top tabs which i prefer....also, im not seeing that Graphics tab has a hot key, so maybe i will need to try to assign it - still goes blank though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's progress even if it is not a fix.

Re 2017, I was asking if you still have 2017 installed and if it shows the problem now.

For testing, you can access any panel by using alt-W (the window menu), and arrowing to the desired panel.

In any event, being able to access a panel by keyboard, and not by mouse, points to the possibility of a mouse or mouse driver issue.

Sure is an odd problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, as stated, I have the most up to date version 2018 right now. I don't have any other issues using my mouse so that would be odd. I'll check out the shift w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other idea I have is Step 4d below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my dedicated editing rig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged on these forums to ask the exact same thing. Was editing yesterday, everything worked fine, just now I had to edit something and cannot open the COLOR panel/ workspace. This worked before perfectly. I've tried opening different projects, no luck. Really strange. In my case all other tabs do work, but I get the same screen you're showing for the COLOR workspace.

(FYI: I'm running Premiere 2018 on Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Color Workspace (or any workspace that is going black or blank), go to the menu Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg, but that didn't do the trick. This however, did work for me:

Find the folder below and delete the contents of the "Layouts" folder. Empty trash. Restart Premiere. Voila it works again.

Mac:

/Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/11.0/Profile-[username]/Layouts

Win:

C:Users[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/11.0/Profile-[username]/Layouts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt work.... this is super frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Step 2f.  If that doesn't work, Step 2k.  Report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problems. It is very dumb. Any luck solving this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please read above threads first: already discussed that. not solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines