• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Target disk does not have enough free space to write the project file

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have serious problems with my project. Suddenly it started work very slow. I musted use autosave because I couldn't do anything in my project. Finaly I'm working on auto save of auto save. Now I can't save my project because all the time I got this message adobi.PNG

I have 100GB+ of free space on each disk and project disk have 200GB+ of free space.. 

It's so pathetic because I spent 3 weeks on this project and all the time I have problems with software. This is my last month with Premiere Pro I swear

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and weirdly enough this error only shows up on one of my project files. I can save edits on all my other projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sick of adobe too! It's just problem after problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to see how frustrated this has become for you

If you do a Save as with a new file name, do you get the same error?

Sometimes the metadata stored with the original save file can be corrupted. This is why its best practise to always create a copy of the save file after each days work is done

I look forward to your response

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata in the project file gets corrupted?   

How?  Seems like a bug to me.

Is'nt file handling one of the basics of an O/S and an application to VERIFY the correct saving, by performing for example, a Metadata validation step, upon saving?   

Seems like good programming practice - what each Computer Science student is taught on day 1.

I am also experiencing excessive slow timeline performance, slow loading, and timeline interaction LAG, let alone that Premiere Pro will consume > available system RAM - forcing the O/S into Swap-to-disc?

What are you guys going to fix the recently introduced performance bugs to this product? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I stated meatdata corruption here is one possible scenario"

Sometimes the permissions on the save file can be corrupted. As a result you will not be able to save to that file any longer. This is common on almost all software not just Adobe products. It happens from time to time and can be caused due to a number of facttors.

I would like to see what happens when the OP tries to save as a new file.

Performance bug issues are being addressed and will be patched in the near future. As with all software there will be issues on new releases but Adobe will ertainly attend to these promptly

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for clarifying - Understood : Thats fair enough - but this case you describe now, is quite a bit different from "data corruption".   "unable to update/save/persist" to storage, for which there is proper error handling, is a very common case - and I think a well handled condition already.

Hopefully the app does not fail silently - leaving inconsistent/corrupt data - that's the case I'm more worried about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I an glad I could shed at least a little light on this issue.

Can the OP let us know what happens when he tries to save as a new save?

I am very interested to note this outcome

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro : 14.4:B38

Why do Warp Stabilization previewresults  <data segments> end up in the Project file?   

This is a questionable behavior (not sure who was really determining this outcome - design or implementation) - resulting in excessively large project files, resulting in slow loading at startup, excessive timeline render lag, etc etc.   It's an overall poor design.

On top of this, even if the Warp Stab on a clip is "disabled" - the resultant data remains inside the project file.

So - the only way to get rid of it, is to manually scan across for any/all sequences containing clips, which contain Warp Stab effects (active or not)

The one thing the implementation does right, at least, it does not create duplicate <data> bits even if a clip is referenced multiple times on multiple timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same error, saving as does not work, just gives me another error that the project file could not be saved. Has anyone found a solution to this? Cheers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, it was a Color Matte that was causing the problem. As soon as I deleted it and replaced it with a new one, the saving problem stopped. Really weird problem considering Color Matte's are native to Premiere. 

Try running through a sequence of events that lead to the problem and you might be able to work out what is causing the problem. 

Hope this helps anyone facing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines