• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the PP 12.0 isn't starting on my machine

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had very bad experiences with the premiere updates , last year I updated to one version, then pp stopped working !

I formatted the whole computer twice , still . I suspected the Hard drive , I purchased two , installed them in the laptop, no use .

the laptop is a high performance ROG asus  24 G Ram   i7 , GTX980

I waited for about a month , to get the next update then everything worked fine !

now I'm facing everything again . I will record a video showing the problem later ...

the main windows start , without the timeline -  sometimes the timeline shows up with white borders but not responding .

yesterday , I formatted everything , reinstalled windows then the Adobe suite again , but the problem exists ...

now I'm so disappointed . and don't know what is the problem. and what to do ...

could it be that the laptop was windows 8  and was upgraded to Windows 10 ???    could it be the update only !!!

as I see the  PP 12  is working fine on a windows 7 machine !!!

I can't work on older versions because I have to continue working on files created with the latest PP from other mates .

am I the only one with the updates problems ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this  video shows the problem ....

adobe Premiere CC 12.0 update - YouTube

but now i have another idea , maybe the problem is because the files I'm trying to open and work on were created on a pc running windows 7 ?   that might be the problem cause when i created a new file , the problem didn't exist !!!   i will do more tests and let you know later ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i've had a look at your video. The red line in over your video tracks in the timeline window indicates that Premiere cannot read it in real time. So that's why your playback will stop after a few seconds.

You can try to hit the enter key. It will render preview versions of your footage, and you will be able to edit quicker (the red bar will turn to green).

My guess is that you are useing a screen recording software that create heavy video files that your laptop is having difficulty to process. This can be because of the file complexity to decode on the GPU you have, or this can be because the file bitrate is bigger than your laptop harddrive bandwith.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi yenaphe ,  I tried pressing Enter to render the Videos , but the problem exists .

the problem happened even before me recording the screen ...

the problem is strange , when I got this file (from another machine Windows7)  I worked on it for an hour , then the problem shoed up. I started working on another file (also copied from another computer )  and worked fine for an hour too , then the same problem started on the other file .  It's a strange problem , on the start of this problem , the PP stops sending an error message to Adobe ...

I think moving the project between two machines has something to do with this problem ....

thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines