• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third Party Audio Plugins working fine BUT not exporting in Premiere 2020

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in Premiere Pro, since updating to 2020, if I have a third party audio plugin on an audio track (like from Waves or FabFilter) everything will playback just fine in the project, BUT when I export my video any audio track that had a third party plugin is muted or omitted. This was never an issue with the previous version of Premiere. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help!
TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year and there is still no change. I rely heavily on Waves plugins and they are still not exporting as track effects or clip effects. All that is exported is the raw audio with no effects applied. When I play the timeline, the audio plugins work fine. Would you please fix this already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with some Waves and Izotope plug-ins, but for me when I export directly out of Premiere the plug-in works, it's only an issue if I send it to AME. Really frustrating, I would like to batch export several sequences, but for now I can make it work by individually exporting directly from Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue! Plus lots more. Not impressed at all with premiere this far. So much buggs i dont even know what im paying for really. Just a laggy beta version? Man, dissapointed in adobe. Thinking of switching plattform all together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this will help you. The only thing you have to do is setup your plugin manager inside Audition, same way as you did in Premiere. I realized it when I tried to fix the export problem using Premiere's feature "open sequence in Audition". Basically, it ended with a message saying "there are plugins... and Audition is not able to find them". After this corection, export from Premeire using 3rd. side plug-ins works without problems for me, either through the Media encoder, or the connection between Premiere and Audition as well.

I hope that makes sense, because English is not my mother tongue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, I forgot one important thing you have to uncheck
"Import Premiere Pro sequences natively" in the Media encoder preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro 2024 and this fixed it! Wow. Nice share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issues since PP24. So that did not  solve it for me ;(

No audio plugins are in the exports while they are there when playing back the timeline. I use 3rd party plugings from UA and Acon.

This is, once again, adobe proving itself to be not worthy of being called a professional platform.

Anyone else have an idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @matthiasb66859218,

Can you check the website for the plug-ins to see if they are officially compatible with this version of Premiere Pro and the OS you are using? Let us know.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm noticing this too.  While working Waves plug-ins work fine, but when QC'ing the export I notice that the audio is not properly exporting.   I especially notice it when tracks are locked.   When I have to unlock the audio tracks for Premiere to properly export with compression etc.   and eventhen its flaky as hell.  Theres nothing worse than having zero confidence in the apps, there is no consistency with this issue.   Sometimes I have to go in and change a parameter to make the plug-in "wake-up" for export.   Just not professional at all.  

At this time The Adobe Creative cloud Suite is not a reliable nor professional set of apps.   Such a shame, all that cash from our subscription... I had high hopes that there would be so much cash flow into Adobe that the apps would just work.   Nope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having troubles here, though I only use a few plugins. I've had maddening issues with this in the past, so total sympathies.

In order to get this sorted for you and anyone else that is having especially audio plugin troubles, we would really need for you to give more and specific details so we can get information to the devs on what's very specifically screwing up.

There's no way that they can know and test with every combination of hardware, media, and plugins out there. So when it's not working with one, they need information very specific to that to even have a clue where to go looking in the code.

Also, this forum is primarily a user-to-user peer support, people like me trying to help other users. The place to post for when one has good and specific details on what's going on badly, is of course their UserVoice system. That board is ported directly to the engineers, it pops onto their Slack channels immediately as it's posted by the users.

At NAB and MAX, I've had the opportunity to talk with program supervisors and especially with engineers. I've filed um ... quite a few, actually ... bug reports over the years. Or piled on with a supporting 'vote' and typically comments. To the point the engineers are familiar with my posts.

And they like mine, because ... I give full details. Deep details. They know specifically how to setup on what gear and what media/effects to get X unfortunate result. Sadly, most bug reports are "X is broken, fix it" ... and they don't know what gear it's on, what media, what other effects ... and such comments are unfortunately a total waste of time for troubleshooting/bug hunting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and info Neil.  Much appreciated.  

I wish Adobe would spend some of the money each of us send to them every month on R&D.  They should have the resources to make the best software in the world.   Perhaps the real answer here is publishing approved and qualified system setups so that some of these issues pertaining to inferior systems can be rooted out.   Anyway, my Friday whine.... and now for the wine.   Cheers to you. 

Best,

Jason 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, you wanna post a whine, c'mon, give us a good long one! I've certainly posted some epic rants here when I think a decision was ... less than optimal. And rants and whines are at times a cathartic part of the process.

They do publish some information on types of hardware that work better or are needed, but yea ... there's so freaking much in gear out there that's a difficult thing to sort.

Again, it would be most excellent to know which plugins/extensions bring PrPro to its knees on your machine. More information is more better.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frankly shocking its mid 2022 and this is still a major issue. I have been   trying  for hours to get and export to work to no avail.It's disgusting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which plug-in are you working with?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Waves Diamond Bundle. I've been using them for a decade  or more with Logic, ProTools. Etc. They function exactly as expected whilst editing but are not rendered during export meaning that the levels and compression are missing. It's something that has never been  fixed it would appear.  I use vocal rider and RVox vocal compressor to sweeten my tracks. The EQ is the Adobe native plugin. I have had to use AU for my final mixes (it works as expected), as the Premiere export seems to simply miss them out. This is extraordinary given the age and maturity of Premiere Pro. It's simply staggering that such a failing has remained unfixxed for more than 5 years.

Windows 10

Pr 22.50 build 62

Ryzen 5950x

64GB  DDR4

RTX 3070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two suggestions ...

First, most immediately practical: post this in detail on the Audition forum. Because actually the Premeire audio is totally run by the Audition staffers. And there is a bit more 'dev' presence on the Audition forum than here.

Plus, that's where the most audio-experienced users hang also. Might be some ideas/knowledge there of help for you one way or another.

Second, a more long-term thing, is to post on their Audition UserVoice site, as that is the portal directly to the engineers that again handle this stuff.

Might also post on the  Premiere Pro UserVoice site too. Cover all the bases.

And also, postings on UserVoice are both logged into their systems manually by at least one engineer, but ... maybe more importantly ... are collated and passed up to the all-important M&E people up 'above' the product teams. They read metrics to divine what to tell the product teams to produce.

And that's the only direct user path to create metrics for them on something.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Firstly thanks for your comprehensive and pro-active reply to me and this aged thread. I note that you prviously replied about a year ago regarding the same issue.

I shall do exactly as you recommend.

But... there is a deeply worring aspect to what is happening here. We have a massive company with a flagship product that has a major workflow flaw that has remained unfixed for literally years.

I'm 63 years old and have been a prfessional online Editor since the early 80's. I ran a London Post Production facility house for almost 20 years and was a pioneer of computer offline and random access editing systems and shared storage solutions for Avid and Lightworks. I find it inconcievable that a fundemental bug such as this has remained in a supposesdly Professional product for so long. Creative Cloud is expensive, its closest rival has an almost identical feature set (arguably better) whos eternal license is £200 'all in' as opposed to £50+ a month ongoing ad infinitum.

I am questioning why I would want to continue with and run around after a manufacturer that is aware of product flaws, but has not show any interest in fixing them. Quite honestly, I have switched from GVG to CMX, Paltex then Axial controllers as an online editor and used Lightworks and then Avid for 15 years before switching to Premiere Pro mostly because of its ease of creating very large format work areas. I already know Resolve well enough to switch on my next  project. Why would this not be the trigger to make me jump permanently and save a some cash into the deal? Sure this is potentialy an easy fix and its not hard to open the project in Audition and export the mix as a wav. But it's the lack of interest from the developer that is so deeply worrying. I saw SGI, Discreet logic and Quantel destroyed by this kind of complacency and arrogance. In a year or so, Adobe could go the same way with this attitude. It isn't my job, as a professional editor and pro user, to lobby manufacturers to fix their products any more than it is theirs to edit my shows. I hope you understand my concern.

Thanks for you reply and good luck with your endeavours

Chris Reynolds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you should try is:

1. Launch Premiere.
2. Open “Preferences>Audio>Audio Plug-in manager…”

2a.  Optional step is to press the "Default" button to reset the VST 2.4 set of plug-in folders.  This will read the registry key and help avoid any strange scanning errors.  It can be skipped but I highly recommend you do this.
3. In the Plugin Manager dialog. Place a check next to “Rescan existing plug-ins”
4. Then press “Scan for Plug-ins” button, and let Premiere scan all the system effects.
5. Then Press OK to close the Plug-in manager.

Then try exporting again.

Please report back if this helps or not.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt is a senior staffer for Audition and Premiere's sound team. So you have a very upper person responding ... good!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had trouble exporting to Quicktime using Waves plugins, but exporting to H.264 worked. This helped me to resolve the issue. So a simple re-scan of plugins! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled 22.5 and all is working, workspaces needed some adjustments but @ least it is working.

Mod note: This post was edited for content. Please abide by Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CEO of Adobe is WAY above the application teams as to be on another planet almost. Adobe is a HUGE company, and the applications like Premiere are only one part of the total corporation. They aren't even the main segment of the corporation.

And like you, most of us users would appreciate a bit larger funding for the development teams ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Christopher23854437dpob 

This is a question for the Waves TechnicSupport Team, not anyone at Adobe:

https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-adobe-audition

Also, Waves does not list Media Encoder as being supported.

https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts

If you reach out to them, please report back on what they recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is about PP not AME which is a Waves supported platform, so maybe you should refrain from dropping useless links to inflate your post count. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines