Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Third Party Audio Plugins working fine BUT not exporting in Premiere 2020

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in Premiere Pro, since updating to 2020, if I have a third party audio plugin on an audio track (like from Waves or FabFilter) everything will playback just fine in the project, BUT when I export my video any audio track that had a third party plugin is muted or omitted. This was never an issue with the previous version of Premiere. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help!
TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a year and there is still no change. I rely heavily on Waves plugins and they are still not exporting as track effects or clip effects. All that is exported is the raw audio with no effects applied. When I play the timeline, the audio plugins work fine. Would you please fix this already?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with some Waves and Izotope plug-ins, but for me when I export directly out of Premiere the plug-in works, it's only an issue if I send it to AME. Really frustrating, I would like to batch export several sequences, but for now I can make it work by individually exporting directly from Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue! Plus lots more. Not impressed at all with premiere this far. So much buggs i dont even know what im paying for really. Just a laggy beta version? Man, dissapointed in adobe. Thinking of switching plattform all together. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this will help you. The only thing you have to do is setup your plugin manager inside Audition, same way as you did in Premiere. I realized it when I tried to fix the export problem using Premiere's feature "open sequence in Audition". Basically, it ended with a message saying "there are plugins... and Audition is not able to find them". After this corection, export from Premeire using 3rd. side plug-ins works without problems for me, either through the Media encoder, or the connection between Premiere and Audition as well.

I hope that makes sense, because English is not my mother tongue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, I forgot one important thing you have to uncheck
"Import Premiere Pro sequences natively" in the Media encoder preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm noticing this too.  While working Waves plug-ins work fine, but when QC'ing the export I notice that the audio is not properly exporting.   I especially notice it when tracks are locked.   When I have to unlock the audio tracks for Premiere to properly export with compression etc.   and eventhen its flaky as hell.  Theres nothing worse than having zero confidence in the apps, there is no consistency with this issue.   Sometimes I have to go in and change a parameter to make the plug-in "wake-up" for export.   Just not professional at all.  

At this time The Adobe Creative cloud Suite is not a reliable nor professional set of apps.   Such a shame, all that cash from our subscription... I had high hopes that there would be so much cash flow into Adobe that the apps would just work.   Nope. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having troubles here, though I only use a few plugins. I've had maddening issues with this in the past, so total sympathies.

In order to get this sorted for you and anyone else that is having especially audio plugin troubles, we would really need for you to give more and specific details so we can get information to the devs on what's very specifically screwing up.

There's no way that they can know and test with every combination of hardware, media, and plugins out there. So when it's not working with one, they need information very specific to that to even have a clue where to go looking in the code.

Also, this forum is primarily a user-to-user peer support, people like me trying to help other users. The place to post for when one has good and specific details on what's going on badly, is of course their UserVoice system. That board is ported directly to the engineers, it pops onto their Slack channels immediately as it's posted by the users.

At NAB and MAX, I've had the opportunity to talk with program supervisors and especially with engineers. I've filed um ... quite a few, actually ... bug reports over the years. Or piled on with a supporting 'vote' and typically comments. To the point the engineers are familiar with my posts.

And they like mine, because ... I give full details. Deep details. They know specifically how to setup on what gear and what media/effects to get X unfortunate result. Sadly, most bug reports are "X is broken, fix it" ... and they don't know what gear it's on, what media, what other effects ... and such comments are unfortunately a total waste of time for troubleshooting/bug hunting.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and info Neil.  Much appreciated.  

I wish Adobe would spend some of the money each of us send to them every month on R&D.  They should have the resources to make the best software in the world.   Perhaps the real answer here is publishing approved and qualified system setups so that some of these issues pertaining to inferior systems can be rooted out.   Anyway, my Friday whine.... and now for the wine.   Cheers to you. 

Best,

Jason 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, you wanna post a whine, c'mon, give us a good long one! I've certainly posted some epic rants here when I think a decision was ... less than optimal. And rants and whines are at times a cathartic part of the process.

They do publish some information on types of hardware that work better or are needed, but yea ... there's so freaking much in gear out there that's a difficult thing to sort.

Again, it would be most excellent to know which plugins/extensions bring PrPro to its knees on your machine. More information is more better.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines