• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is a celebration of the transcribe and captions in Premiere Pro.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a big poster, but I'd just like to say to the programming team at Premiere Pro and all the people that worked on the Auto-Caption and Auto-Transcribe functions of Premiere that were put in how much of an absolute triumph it is.

You may not even know how important that is for journalists.  I'll tell you, it's a game changer.

I'm an old news photographer.  Worked interviews.  Got the scoop.  Burned tennis shoes out in four months.

The bain of my life, the slowdown to my journalism, the reason I wasn't in the courthouse when I neede to be, was because we were logging tape.  LOGGING TAPE.  All the time, logging tape.  DECADES, LOGGING TAPE.  "Did you get that interview that had the thingee in it?"  Do you remember which interview had that statement in it?  What tape was that on?  Did you get that interview on the stand?  Where was that? Holy smokes, it was a lot of work.

I keep up with the Premiere Pro changes.   So I knew that the feature was there, and today was the time to try it out.

Went on a day story.  Easy stuff.  Got back to the office.  I dropboxed the video interviews, with BURN-IN words and times, and transcript in a few minutes to a client, and they were BLOWN AWAY.  

They thought I did witchcraft.

You ended, in one move, about two hours of work every day.  We can focus on our stories and contacts more.

You let storytellers and journalists do their job more effectively with this.

It's not just an editor anymore.  It's actually a journalism machine now. 

A lot of us don't work from scripts like a traditional screenwriter.  We work from the editor.  We go back and forth, constantly.  We work from our memories.  It's capital that you have everything written down perfectly. 

Premiere Pro does just that, now.

Thank You.  You may never know how important this feature is to a journalist.   It makes the work more conscise.  More accurate.  Makes the journalism better.  It makes the producers better.  It makes the editing better.

Once again, thanks.  

Here's my suggestion:

Logging panel.  Works off of clips.  Transcribe.  Select the words, and get the in/out subclip on it with handles. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this!

I agree; great idea to extend the value of what already appears to be there. One possible implementation:

In the Transcript tab, mark the words, 3 dots dropdown for "Create subclip with transcript" (and a shortcut you could assign). Option for # frames as handles. Keep the Speaker identity associated, but as a separate field (as in the csv export).

You can aleady select text in the Transcript panel edit. But as soon as you click on the 3 dots it is deselected.

The Beta version is where there is an active exchange with staff on development ideas and issues. Here's an example:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-export-text-from-titles-and-mog...

Submit a feature request here (and post a link in this thread for us to upvote):

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

These existing requests are related: transcribe a clip and keep the transcription attached to the clip:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43745805-add-the-facility-t...

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43301043-speech-to-text-tra...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines