• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIFF file import as "Image Sequence" not showing all images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on the newest Premiere Pro CC.

I'm trying to import a TIFF file, which has two images within the file. You're supposed to be able to import TIFF images as "Image Sequence" (which I did), and it will show you all the images within the file, but I'm only seeing the first image in the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand why you are importing an image sequence when it only contains 2 source files, but . . .

are the two tiffs named in sequential numerical order ( example IMAGE001.tif and IMAGE002.tif)?

If not, the image sequence will stop after the first image.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just importing one file. It's a multi-image TIFF file. Almost like a PDF that has multiple pages. That's what is unique about the TIFF structure is that it can have more than one image in a file, and I was under the impression that when I import that TIFF file into Premiere, that Premiere would import it as a sequence and show me both images. Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there might be a misunderstanding.

An "image sequence" is a series of still images that are played in sequence to look like a moving picture.  But every image is a single file.

I didn't even know TIFF files could contain more than one image, but if you want PP to see both, you should separate them into two files using Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim. I know about image sequences, I just thought there was a way for Premiere to read multi-image TIFF files (in the same concept of how Premiere reads an image sequence) but I guess there isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines