Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Titel can't be saved as template

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am just finishing a pproject. One of my last to-do's is making the lower thirds/titels of the videos.

Just now i recognized, that in can't save a titel as a template - which i really need to do.

In my version of premiere pro cc the template button is missing.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks for help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Yes things have changed in the 2017.1.2

No template feature anymore.

Put the title in a separate project.

When needed just import into project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes things have changed in the 2017.1.2

No template feature anymore.

Put the title in a separate project.

When needed just import into project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using legacy title do as Ann suggests.

If you created the text with the type tool from the tool bar in the latest version of Premiere you can have the title selected in the timeline and go to the top of the screen graphics/Export and motion graphic template and follow the steps.

Then go to window/essential graphics/browse and your title should be visible.

You would then drag your title from the Essential Graphics panel in to your timeline in whatever project you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann's right, for the now "Legacy" titler, you can't make templates anymore. With some others I think removing that at this point was not the most useful choice but those are soon going to all be done using the EGP anyway ... so as she says, create a new project that you use to store titles. Reuse from that project.

The EGP graphics can be saved several ways, including shared with others via the Library feature, so moving forward, those will become very slick. At the moment, it's not totally slick and a bit of a learning curve. Sorry about that, but ... we users make do ... and file bug/feature reports ...

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tilofr - Yes, as R Neil and Ann Bens suggest the Essential Graphics Panel (EGP) is the way forward for titling and it will continue to become easier. I've made a couple tutorials on my channel, I hope they help:

(1) General Overview of the Essential Graphics Panel

(2) How to Create a Motion Graphics Template (text template) and save it to your Essential Graphics Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new essential graphics panel does not have all the drawing tools and as many options for the text as the legacy titling system. Adobe should keep the old legacy titling system and allow better integration between the two titling systems. Not everyone likes the new titling system. Having said that does Adobe plan on adding all the features of the legacy titling system to the new essential graphics panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not say the new EG is the way forward.

IMO it still lacks many features such as gradients.

Eventually it will be dropped but I hope not until the new has come of age.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy - It does have a pen tool (from the toolbar) where you can draw shapes, but it does lack a lot of features from the original legacy titler. Ann Bens mentions below, such as the gradients missing. I do miss the gradients and ability to add shadows to graphics from files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved having control of the transparency for the fill, and inner and out strokes. The beveled edges worked great. I also loved the drawing tools for making track mattes. The gradient tool was useful for drawing and masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... hope we get all that soon in the EGP ... seriously.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't Adobe just wait until the new Essential Graphics Panel was up to par to release it? Why not just release it in 2018 with all the features we need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James Strawn, one of the developers of that, was on this forum quite a few times after the release, and said they released it at that point because they wanted user feedback on where to go next ... thoughts on the roadmap.

Best I can tell you.

So file bug/feature reports over this, as I know they do all get their collated reports of every one filed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the demos & discussions at NAB, they are planning that over the next "cycle" or two (a complete build series, the 11.x numbers), they want to get all capabilities of the old Titler into the EGP, which by then will also have many graphics capabilities and AE/PrPro cross-capabilities we haven't had before. Supposedly roll & gradients and several other things are being worked on, but it's not at all clear what if anything they'll release anytime soon.

They do tend to have two or three times a year they release information, guaranteed at NAB in April in Vegas, and the last couple years at Adobe MAX (this year, end of October). Sometimes they release new information on what's coming at either IBC (next week in Amsterdam) or the other big show in Germany. So, within the next few months they'll tell us some dribbles of what's coming next. Slower than I'd like, as much of the EGP is great to work with, and it's very frustrating you can do some really cool stuff ... but only to "this far".

So I've been told I need to be patient. I don't do that well ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines