• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title export in Premiere Pro CC 2017 April Update

Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completing my first project in Premiere Pro CC 2017 April Update and I would like to export a title but going to export files I can not export title. How do I get this feature as in previous versions?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

No problem...i found the answer here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAoZme5rOfM&feature=youtu.be

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem...i found the answer here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mAoZme5rOfM&feature=youtu.be

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not tell you how to export a title (.prtl), but instead tells you how to work with and export a Motion Graphics Template (.mogrt).

I use a subtitling program (SRT Premiere) that needs a .prtl template to function correctly.
Is there any way to export a legacy title ( .prtl) from Premiere anymore or am I out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I must export . prtl files to use elsewhere.

Now I switch back to CS6 to make titles, but in fact , that is ridiculous.

How to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem. I must export . prtl files to use elsewhere.

Now I switch back to CS6 to make titles, but in fact , that is ridiculous.

How to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a severe issue here as well.  We export all of our titles in .prtl files and use them for multiple projects.  We have been doing that since the original Premiere 6.5 was released!  It's a major reason why we switched from Final Cut Pro to Premiere in the first place.  At least we are allowed to "Create Legacy Title" but now we cannot export a .prtl file and call it whatever we want.  Very unfortunate to not have backward compatibility to something we did not have a problem with.  Please restore our ability to export titles as .prtl files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround install 2015, import titles via Media Browser and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann. You could also use the templates dialog in the Titler to see them in an older version.  Some users have said that that is the only way they know of to find their existing templates, since they don't actually know where they exported their prtl's to. You could probably also find them using a system/network search for ".prtl". In any case, as long as you can find their stored location, you can import them into the 2017.1.1 without needing an older version. You just can't access the Template dialog from within the titler or export prtl from within PrPro 2017.1.1.

In 2017.1.1, the intended workflow is:

1. Create Graphics, using text, shape and clip layers, and then applying effects and keyframes as needed.

2. When finished, save you Graphic as a template using "Export as Motion Graphics Template..." (.mogrt).

3. Drag and drop templates from the Essential Graphics > Browse tab into whatever project + sequence you need to use them in.

4. Once you create and use a mogrt as described above (which is different from Ae mogrt workflow), it loves a a whole Graphic again in your timeline, so all of its layers will be selectable and fully editable a that point.

Finally, let me re-iterate that you can still use the Legacy Titler for existing titles if needed, and you can export prtls using a concurrently-installed version of CC 2015.4 or earlier, as described above. But we don't recommend creating new Titles that way going forward since, as the name implies, it is just there to support legacy workflows at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'intended workflow' doesn't work. I can import a legacy title, and I can edit the title as before, but the option to 'Export as Motion Graphics Template' is greyed out.

As you've confirmed that this should work can we have it fixed as a matter of urgency otherwise any changes to previously created title files cannot be saved.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KevDaley  wrote

The 'intended workflow' doesn't work. I can import a legacy title, and I can edit the title as before, but the option to 'Export as Motion Graphics Template' is greyed out.

As you've confirmed that this should work can we have it fixed as a matter of urgency otherwise any changes to previously created title files cannot be saved.!

I think you misunderstood my instructions. Graphic Text Layers and Legacy Titles are two different things. Legacy Titles cannot be exported as mogrts, only Graphics (which can have text, shape and clip layers). Legacy titles need to be exported as prtl files from CC 2015.4 or earlier.

The intended workflow I described is the NEW workflow for CC 2017.1.1 and higher. Moving forward, my suggestion is to copy and paste text from the old titler into new Graphics and then export those as mogrts. But only for old prtl templates that you really need to keep exactly as is. Otherwise, just use Graphics + mogrts for anything new you might create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is that Adobe has introduced a new feature without backward compatibility with its widely-used predecessor. You've just killed it off without ensuring that your subscribers can at least migrate their previous work to the new feature.

Just implement 'Export as Motion Graphics Template' and everything will be alright again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the Title, Graphics / Export As Motion Graphics Template is grayed out. I have tried from the Project Pane, from the Timeline, and from the Source Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshuab93692620  wrote

When I click on the Title, Graphics / Export As Motion Graphics Template is grayed out. I have tried from the Project Pane, from the Timeline, and from the Source Monitor.

It sounds like you might be selecting a Layer from within the Program Monitor (giving focus to the PM) then trying to use the Graphics menu's Export option. You need to move the focus back to the EGP or to the Timeline (TL) first, while keeping the Graphic selected in the TL. Or simply find the Graphic you want to export in the TL, right click, and choose "Export as Motion Graphics Template...".

It behaves that way because if the PM is in focus and a layer is selected, you are in a sort of mode where Pr is ready for you to edit Layers, rather than editing or exporting Timeline track items. Similarly, the Project Panel and Source Mon have functions unrelated to Graphics so it is greyed out in those cases too. I'm not sure why it didn't work from the TL as long as you have a Graphic selected. Try the right click method and if it does not work at that point then you are experiencing some problem which is probably specific to your system and/or steps. (or a certain set of systems/steps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry. When I right-click the title directly on the timeline, Export As Motion Graphics Template is grayed out on the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshuab93692620  wrote

No, sorry. When I right-click the title directly on the timeline, Export As Motion Graphics Template is grayed out on the context menu.

Oh I see... are you right clicking an actual Title (as in text you made with the Legacy Titler) or on a Graphic containing text layer(s)?

MOGRTs only work with Graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. Making a title available to other projects is a common need and should be easy and straight forward. I agree with the others in this thread regarding their complaints and frustrations. I have spent the last half hour searching in google and threads like this one and still have not been able to get titles from one project to another, even I try to follow the instructions of the STAFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue...where is the "save title as" I need to use the titles i make as a template for more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get an answer or find the problem? same thing happening to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu também estou com esse problema, trabalho com legenda de músicas e uso a mesma legenda em vários cantores, mais e agora? terei que escrever tudo novamente toda vez que for usar a mesma legenda em outro cantor? Decepção adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Andr%C3%A9+1979  wrote

Eu também estou com esse problema, trabalho com legenda de músicas e uso a mesma legenda em vários cantores, mais e agora? terei que escrever tudo novamente toda vez que for usar a mesma legenda em outro cantor? Decepção adobe!!!

No fluxo de trabalho, você descreve que provavelmente você poderá usar estilos mestre para atribuir a mesma aparência a camadas diferentes. Além disso, este é principalmente um site de fórum em inglês, existem sub-fóruns portugueses se você precisar de mais detalhes em seu idioma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to express how annoyed I am at this change. The new Essential Graphics is not a complete replacement for the Legacy Titler. Many text effects are not available in Essential Graphics. The answer from Adobe was, "You can still use the Legacy Titler if you need to," but since there is now apparently no way to export a .prtl, my workflow is basically screwed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not easy to handle this new part. It would require a small visual tutorial especially with the latest upgrade 12.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm back to my original complaint then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is dumbfounding!  Hey Adobe! Why are you doing this???  Not only do I have to deal with BUGS every time a new version is released (things that used to work, and are supposed to work, have been fouled up), but now everyone is dealing with this backwards and HORRIBLE method of introducing a new feature and CRIPPLING a WORKING one just to force a new workflow!

I just ran across the SAME problem today.  I needed a LEGACY TITLE from another project and VOILA, I can't do it.

Fix the bugs!
ASK users what they need before dropping a mortar in the middle of their "trusted" edit system!

It constantly looks like you are rushing and, while improvements are great, you can't just leave people in a LURCH like this.

If you cannot tell, this is becoming frustrating.

Sure, build a better titling system!  But before you do ANYTHING with the previous one (and one that for the most part, works REALLY well), make sure the new one has the EXACT same functionality, and THEN build on it.

QUESTION 2:  Has anyone found a way to export and import LEGACY TITLES?

QUESTION 3: Adobe, can anyone explain how this introduction to the new graphics tools was a well thought out plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might say, why might I write this?  Well, I'm in a deadline crunch and I wanted to do something that I have always been able to do.  Import titles for a long-running show we do.  Well I went to try and export the titles, thus saving a lot of time, and BAM, no can do.  So I had to re-create all those titles.  Explain how this gets me free time to try the new features when I am spending my time trying to do something that SHOULD have been easy to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines