• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title Tool not updating / saving when making revisions

Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a few Title's in Premiere Pro and saved them as templates to use through out my production. With CS6 I'm having some issues with it. I'll create a new Title file from a template and make the chages. Everything works fine for a while, but then the changes I make within the title tool do not save after exiting the title tool. The text just reverts back to the point were it stopped working. If I restart Premiere it works again, but only for a while. I think this is a bug, but if anybody has a solution please let me know. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 01, 2013 Apr 01, 2013

Just an update on my end. Since updates have come out for Premiere Pro CS6, I no longer have the issue. Currently I'm using PP 6.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar but different issue... I can create a title, edit it etc.. but it wont save, when i close the window there is no file in my media browser. I have tried re installing premiere but the same issue happens. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChristopherFilms,

christopher fisher wrote:

I am having a similar but different issue... I can create a title, edit it etc.. but it wont save, when i close the window there is no file in my media browser. I have tried re installing premiere but the same issue happens. HELP

Check out the Project panel. It should be there.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experience this in CC 2015.

I can open titles in the title tool, I can make changes, everything looks fine, but there is no change to the title in the timeline and when I open the title back up again in title tool, it's as though no change was made.

I've tried just making an entirely new title. Everything looks good until I put the title in the time line, and nothing shows up. I open the title in the title tool, and to my surprise, it's blank.

I've restarted the program, and this is still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. First time I've ever encountered it. A restart lets me create one new title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Maybe a bug after the last Update. I use Premiere CC latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most bugs, restarting PP did the trick when I encountered this today for the first time.  These seemingly random bugs are normally accompanied by PP and AE crashing when you close them.  Force quit the processes because PP or AE get stuck running in the background, rinse and repeat.   I'm almost used to it by now.   Must be related to the constant updates through CC now.  In the past you had a stable(relatively) product that got updated once a year.  Now its fairly constant so quirks happen.  Way of the new world of software it seems=)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this in Premiere CC 2015. I'm finding that I need to quit Premiere to be able to modify titles – I'll make changes in the Title window but when I close the window those changes are discarded until I restart the program. I'm batch processing a dozen or so titles and I can only get two or three done before I encounter the problem again and need to restart. I'm clearing the media cache now, hoping that it might solve something, but this title tool is buggy and sub-par.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the exact same problem in CC 2015.4. I was generating and editing a bunch of titles. Suddenly, Premiere did not keep the edits that I made. After a restart it worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be on ongoing problem with the cache.  It just comes and goes.  Yesterday, I was working on a PSD title in one suite, open in a timeline in an other editing suite.  Made a few changes over a 30 min time and it updated like it should at first, then it just stopped.   It just makes no sense why this still happens and makes collaborating an annoyance sometimes.  Adobe has never had an answer or solution for this, besides, restart or "it'll be fixed in the next update..." which has been going on for years.   Same with frame sequences.  You'll rerender a portion and the changes won't go through at all, or will flicker back and forth between the new and old versions as the frames bounce back and forth between whatever is stuck in the cache.

Win7 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not yet solved!

I am fully up to date and am still having this issue.

Restarting Premiere sometimes helps but it is continuous and completely disruptive to my workflow.

This needs to be fixed in the next update PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue (Premiere CC 2015.3). I have a set of titles I usually use, and simply duplicate them and change the text. Sometimes I have to reduce the type size to get a particularly long line to fit.

Since the most recent update, I have been getting the following issues:

• When I edit a title I've created by duplicating an existing one, the frame aspect ratio shown in the bin preview changes to 4:3 (from 16:9) and the text does not display when the title is placed on the timeline. The workaround is to copy the text lines out of the original and paste them into a new Title created from scratch.
  • New titles when created from scratch often remain blank when placed, with text lines previously entered being missing.
  • If I have to change the type size in a title, it reverts to the original type size when I place it on the timeline or view it again.
  • Sometimes when creating a new title by duplication the new text lines are blank.

Shutting down the application and opening it again often solves the issue for a while but not always, and not for very long.

A fix would be appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue with the same version of Premiere Pro CC (2015.3). I would love to find a solution to this so I don't always have to make my png titles in Photoshop.

Wish I could help you too! Adobe please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Premiere CC 2015.4.

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the latest version: 2017.0.1 / 11.0.1(6) Build on Windows 10.

Premiere Pro refuses to save any changes I make to the Titles. I've even tried saving the Project between key strokes, closing down the application, opening it up again and it simply reverts back to the title as it was over an hour ago. I keep losing hours of work and I can't progress. I'm going to miss my deadline because of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thathurtabit,

Trash any preview files and see if you can get Titles to refresh. If that doesn't work, try trashing preferences. Note, you may lose settings by doing so.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Running Adobe Premiere Pro CC v10.4.

Creating straight-forward titles has become a real nightmare.

The first two or three titles within a project are no problem.

After a certain point it just does not work anymore. Titles cannot be added or modified.

This is what happens when I create a new title from scratch (just simple text, like "Chapter 5") and place it in the sequence timeline:

it just will not show up in the sequence.

When this happens, it becomes also impossible to edit any existing titles.

If I open a title and change the text, or the font colour, or the text position, this change is NOT saved when I close the title tool.

The same is true when I duplicate a title and edit the duplicate.

The change does not show up in the sequence where the title is placed.

I have to save and close the project, exit Premiere and reopen the project. After that I can add a few new titles until the problem reappears. In my experience that happens every 2 to 5 minutes.

This is clearly a severe bug.

Please fix it. Your customers are suffering and losing money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same problem that HMauriceAMC is describing. This thread may be marked "Answered" but that certainly does NOT mean that the problem is resolved. Given that some people have had this issue since 2012, I'm not expecting a fix any time soon but please Adobe, look into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only just started using Premiere having been attached to old FCP for too long. This exact title problem is happening to me and I just wasted an hour thinking it was because I need to learn the program more. I just want to start editing up to speed already, without some stupid issue like this popping up at every turn. It's frustrating enough adapting but I'm regularly wasting way too much time googling problems that turn out to be bugs. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to say that I'm experiencing this today for the first time.  I'm running the latest version of Premiere CC on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H Clint Bohaty,

Can you try creating a new project and seeing if you have the same results?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. And yes, Kevin, tried with a new project. Does one title fine, but the following titles won't update. A reboot of PP does seem to solve it, at least temporarily. But that's a bit of pain when you've got a lot of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sean,

Sorry to hear your titles based on templates won't update. Can I assume that the issue is with the current version? Can you describe your process so that I can fully understand your issue? Going through standard procedures (see our Help doc here), I cannot reproduce the problem on my computer. Can you describe more info about your computer so I can try to reproduce the issue? Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. I make a title and it is all fine, but if I go to edit that title or even duplicate the title and edit it, the edits are not saved. This is chronically frustrating and I have just wasted a morning trying to work out what's going on... Please Adobe, use our monthly subscription money to fund a fix - your software costs a fortune, is brilliant, but really needs to work properly! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GavinJ,

The OP has an issue with title templates, does that describe your issue or are you talking about standard titles? If the latter, make sure you are using the "New Title based on Current Title" function. Does that help? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my name to the long list of users who have experienced the inability to edit titles made in the Title tool.

Jef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines