• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Audio Effects not rendering

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need help with what seems a bug in Premiere.

In the Preview, while editing, I can clearly hear the audio effects applied on a certain track working. However, when I render out the video the effects are missing and I'm left with basically the raw audio (the audio is a simple stereo  WAV recorded from a Zoom H6)

I've tried rendering the audio only, same results.

I've tried re-routing the audio track to a Submix, still no change.

I've tried Render and Replace, I've tried rendering the audio file separately and putting it back on the same track and rendering again. Still no effect applied.

I also tried switching the audio hardware to ASIO4ALL, and also tried rendering audio both AAC and MPG, no difference.

I've tried nesting the audio and having a sequence on the track with the effects applied, no change.

I've tried placing the sequence with the tracks that has the effects inside a parent clean sequence, no change.

I'm running out of ideas...

In the image: green one is track 4 (SOLOed because I'm working on it to find a solution). None of the visible effects applied work (Dehummer, EQ, Comp)

Untitled-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs are as follows:
i5 12400, 32 GB RAM, RX 580, Win11
Premier Pro 2023

Source properties: 75 FPS, VBR 20,000 
Sequence settings 60 FPS, VBR 20,000

Audio fx applied: literally any fx I apply in the audio mixer track would not work lol. I have the source patching perfectly done, my submixes are routed properly, but it still doesn't work for some reason when rendered. Even the "loudness normalization" thats shown in the export tab under "effects" would not even work, even if I set it to -2 LUFS. However, after I cleared media cache on startup by holding alt+shift it seems to work. But I'm not sure if I have to do it every single time I start premiere pro or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First what is the format of your source files (codec and file extension)?  Is the audio compressed?   

mediainfo is a very useful tool to find these things out

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

You haven't told us the audio sampling rates of sources and sequence.  Although you can throw almost any format into premiere, but it's not always a good idea...  Can you tell us where the source files came from...  That's not a standard frame rate, and why are your sequence settings 60fps?  Not the commonest delivery format...    If you need help answering any of these questions, post back and I'll try and explain in more detail.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Michael. Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Regarding your questions, here's some information about my recording setup:

• My source files are OBS recordings and I'm recording with VBR that outputs an MKV file which gets remuxed into an MP4.
  • The audio bitrate for my recordings is 256kbps. However, the audio format is AAC, which means that it is a lossy compression format.

I used MediaInfo to analyze one of my recordings, and here are some of the details:

General:

• Format: MPEG-4
  • Format profile: Base Media
  • Codec ID: isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
  • File size: 1.14 GiB
  • Duration: 8 min 19 s
  • Overall bit rate: 19.7 Mb/s
  • Frame rate: 75.000 FPS
  • Writing application: Lavf59.27.100

Video:

• Format: HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding)
  • Format profile: Main@L6.1@High
  • Codec ID: hvc1
  • Duration: 8 min 19 s
  • Bit rate: 19.1 Mb/s
  • Width: 1,920 pixels
  • Height: 1,080 pixels
  • Display aspect ratio: 16:9
  • Frame rate mode: Variable
  • Frame rate: 75.000 FPS
  • Minimum frame rate: 71.429 FPS
  • Maximum frame rate: 76.923 FPS
  • Color space: YUV
  • Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
  • Bit depth: 8 bits
  • Stream size: 1.11 GiB (97%)
  • Color range: Limited
  • Color primaries: BT.709
  • Transfer characteristics: BT.709
  • Matrix coefficients: BT.709
  • mdhd_Duration: 499560
  • Codec configuration box: hvcC

Audio:

• Format: AAC LC (Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity)
  • Codec ID: mp4a-40-2
  • Channel(s): 2 channels
  • Channel layout: L R
  • Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz
  • Frame rate: 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
  • Compression mode: Lossy
  • Track 1: Bit rate: 254 kb/s, Default: Yes
  • Track 2: Bit rate: 144 kb/s, Default: No
  • Track 3: Bit rate: 117 kb/s, Default: No

Finally, to answer your last question, my sequence settings are set to 60fps because I make gaming videos, and 60fps is the most common framerate to export videos as. I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with. I've linked the text data from mediainfo if you need to look into further details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variable Frame Rate files can be problematic in Premiere.    Here's how to handle this issue

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

See if converting to CFR solves the problem.  I'd also try converting your sources to what's called a "Mezzanine" format where each frame is discreet and the audio is uncompressed.  There are number of suitable formats...  I go with the appropriate flavor of prores...    Lots of other things to try if these aren't of any help.    And happy to explain some of these things in greater detail if you want.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I use VFR is due to the reduction in file size as opposed to CBR. And regarding the handbrake solution, it just seems quite tedious to do for every file I record; why is VFR files problematic in premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is that it can cause problems.   Professional video is traditionally constant frame rate...    You might want to investigate other solutions that may not have the issue...  such as Blackmagic designs Davinci Resolve and see if it handles material without the issue.    I much prefer Premiere to Resolve, but probably not an issue to do your edit in Premiere and then export an xml to resolve and and see if you can then do the output...But probably a good idea to see if vfr is the source of the problem...  If not post back and we'll keep digging to see if we can find a satisfactory workaround.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. When I play back the video in my timeline all the effects I have applied to my submixes work. Then when I try to render the audio or export, the effects don't seem to be working properly as they were in playback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

do all your audio files sampling rate match your sequence sampling rate?  If not, that may be the cause of the problem... Also, uncompressed audio is also preferred.  If you need help checking this, post back.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines