Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Tool—takes too long to choose fonts and no scrolling text

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

A couple of weeks ago, I just updated the Premiere Pro to the latest version. And somehow, I just found a new type tool.

And after entering the text, and going to the Editing workspace, and clicking on the font chooser, it takes forever to choose another font like Hobo and BarneyNew and etc. All I'm stuck with is scrolling.

Somehow, I don't know if there's a way to make scrolling text using the new type tool or something.

2017-04-25 (1).png

Mod note: Title changed to reflect issue. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've lost the font preview, which was the BEST and ONLY USEFUL way to choose a new font.

We've also lost the auto-centre buttons and the scroll/roll tool, again the EASIEST way to set those things up.

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell that to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!

you can still use the old type tool. file->new->legacy title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well now, this helped me a lot.

You made my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome daniell85599364 , don't forget that feature request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's a feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a way for us users to ask for features or report bugs to the premiere developing team. at the end of my post I wrote this:

all that's left is submit a feature request for more functionality and linking to this thread too, be a sport ? Feature Request/Bug Report Form

please file one yourself, the more forms - the more we get attention to what we think is necessary for improving this software to suit our workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm under 18 years old. (I'm currently 16 years of age), so I'm not sure if it's okay to do so under the age of 18 or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh... interesting. I was not aware there was an age limit but there is. oh well. guess it will have to be just me submitting this. (anyone else reading are welcome to pitch in)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indeed some more functionality is needed here:

1. a scroll bar, same as Ae. Premiere currently does not have a scroll bar for selecting fonts and all you get are arrows, you can't scroll with the mouse either

Premiere type text panel scroll vs Ae's character panel

premiere.gifae.gif

2. a typing functionality for choosing the font so you can type the entire font like in Ae

type.gif

but no despair, there is some functionality in the new type tool:

1. you can hover over the chosen font and scroll with your mouse:

011.gif

2. you can click on the chosen font and type the first letter to scroll between all the fonts with that first letter. here's me typing H:

FDSF.gif

all that's left is submit a feature request for more functionality and linking to this thread too, be a sport ? Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Roei, that's really useful.

Well, since all the features are there in the legacy tool, what is the point of a new one .... but never mind. I'll do a feature request (It'll be a long list which, basically, says "Like you already had it, please!").

In the meantime, in this new tool, does anyone know how to select several bits of text at the same time? I need to move a load of them on the screen and I'm having to do it individually 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines