• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access resource 'S_Error_XI_N_D@2x' (type svg)

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm using iMac Pro. When I using Premiere Pro, sometimes it will show that error, I don't know what is it, anyone can help!

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 1.31.59 PM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Update - In addition to downgrading Premiere, I also had to downgrade Media Encoder as well. Version 15.2 Media Encoder had failed encodes when working with 15.1 Premiere.  I am hoping this is only a temporary downgrade until the next software update.

I'm working on an iMac Pro running OS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Finally, I also downgrade Premiere Pro and Media Encoder to 15.1 as well. It's seem back to normal and no error.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, last night I finally bit the bullet and started learning Davinci, I just cant take this anymore. So many things to love about Premiere, but the constant instability, loosing hours of work, it has finally got to that point. 

Not made the jump yet, but I can tell you, the way the Davinci platform handles the footage, my goodness, and it looks like they now with 17, have nearly all you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty obvious, as I catch up on this conversation, that the common factors seem to be Mac / Big Sur / AMD video cards / and Canon c300 Mxf footage.

If the "solution" is to roll back to an earlier version, then...perhaps the engineers should do that instead of your customers. My recommendation is that Adobe rollback to an earlier version of the code for Premiere before this problem began. Call it 15.5...we won't mind.

Following that same line of thought, maybe make a list of the code changes from 15.3 to now and go one...by...one...until you find the culprit. Set up test systems with the above exact system specs and see if it can be replicated.

I know bugs can be a pain in the backside to squash, just let us know you have the can of Raid out to take care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but rolling back in troduces the wierd color channel issue on 12 bit 444 canon files again. This is a huge pain. And no I don't want to transcode but is there any other choice at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here on Mac Pro 2019 - Catalina 10.15.7 - 12-core - 96GB - dual X5700

Premiere version 15.4 mostly MXF material from Sony FX6/7/9

Downgrading to 15.1 until proper fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem in my fancy Mac Pro. Ver 22 caused it. Had to go back to 15.0. I've got Varicam footage so 15.1 and up is not an option. These new versions do not like mxf files for some reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've still been dealing with this issue as well with c300 mkii footage and have resorted to using 15.1

Are there any adobe techs still monitoring this thread? If so I'd be happy to let them peek under the hood on my machine. I've got a 24 core mac pro running big sur 11.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still not resolved in latest Premiere update, 22.1.2 (Build 1). It's been weeks, possibly longer honestly. Is the only solution transcoding the MXF files? Just want to clarify before making decisions on editing software needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ozzy,

We're back from our winter break now. I made some notes on the existing bug I wrote up a few months ago. I also jiggered some knobs to get the attention of the appropriate engineering staff to take a closer look. It's too bad that the bug is hard to reproduce, otherwise, we could get it fixed a lot sooner. If you find certain ways to trigger the issue every time, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I just had the issue pop up for me again as well. The clip preview went white and my timeline video went white. I was unable to save my project as well. It wouldn't snap out of it until I switched my bin from icon view to list view. 

I was using Sony footage .mxf as well as .mp4. I'm running Premiere 22.1.2 Build 1 on an imac Pro running OS Big Sur 11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJRiley,

Thanks for the info and sorry for the error. Can you trigger the same warnings by editing the same clip/format every time you use them? What we are looking for is a reproducible bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, but that's the problem - I can't reproduce it. If I go back to the clip afterwards, it works fine and then it may not act up again for awhile. There's no rhyme or reason to it. When one clip turns white, the software loses connection with all the clips and they all turn white. I have to wait or match frame, or switch views to get it to work again.  When it happens I go and delete the media cache files usually but not always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. These are what engineers refer to as "Sometimes Bugs" and they are a real pain in the ass.

I wonder if you ever get the warning if you do not use any .mp4s in the sequence. I don't think those Xeon processors offer QuickSync, which assists H.264 and HEVC playback.

It's almost like timeline overhead may be triggering the flags, then the flags muck up the performance. I think you could probably test this by creating proxies for the H.264 formats, work in proxy mode and seeing what happens. 

If you have the time, test that out and report back.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, you're right about these "sometimes bugs" here's the other thing...in my bin I have .mxf and .mp4 raw clips.  I'm picking selects and so far the only ones I've clicked on are the .mxf files not the mp4. There are no mp4's in the sequence yet. I've attached the specs for the .mxf files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ,

Thanks a lot. Sorry about this. The team knows about the issue and it is in line for a fix. Not saying how long that would take but I think we need a User Voice post that needs to be upvoted. I believe I found the most active one. It's here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43862298-premiere-15-2-thro...

Let's all upvote, OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin. Just upvoted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm upvoting now as well. Glad you responded to this thread, Kevid. I know I've been watching it for months for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway to NOT mark this as "Solved" because it clearly isn't? As for recreating the issue, I'm not about to make my workstation unusable to troubleshoot this for Adobe. What I can do is tell them to buy the latest and greatest Mac Pro, upgrade to the latest Adobe software, use industry standard formats for film and throw that footage into a timeline. Your machine will crawl to a halt I promise you. For now, I'm staying in Premiere 15.0 where I can actually do my job. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M,

Sorry, I cannot.

This is what I call a "zombie" post. It came from out of the grave. You see, this solution solved it for the OP for version 15.x in May. The OP marked it as such. We do not want to upset the OP by removing his/her correct answer.

I have no control over the way users find their way to a post. Users came here not knowing a new post should have been created as most turned up via a Google search, a guy guesses.

If this is a problem with you and you would rather address the current version, feel free to create a new post. Others are content to keep troubleshooting the current issue on this legacy post, as there is a new bug filed currently back when v.22 came out. The 15.x bug is closed.

For now, I'll leave it unlocked. OK?

If you do decide to make a new post based on the version that this similar bug is addressing, that's fine, just PM me. I can trim, move, and prune the posts.

If you want give this feedback to the product team, voice concerns on User Voice as that is where the engineering crew accepts bug reports and feedback (try to be kind): https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I would link here to a specific bug from User Voice right here, but no one yet on this post has yet created one. If someone writes up a bug there, please give us a link to it so we can all upvote. Right now, the bug is flying under the radar as nothing is filed and no one is making noise about it on User Voice. Can someone file please?

My take: Sounds like the issue is most prevalent with card based media and these Xeon chipped Macs. Not seeing the issue with any other scenario.

Ruminating on this a bit, there was an update to the card based media workflow within the last couple of versions, I noted, so that could be at the heart of this. Media Browser is "supposedly" no longer needed to ingest card based media. It used to be required before to work as designed, attaching metadata that comes along with the folders along the way. Of course, a lot of people experienced related issues by not using Media Browser previously for card based files, such as, moving media across to new directories and not being able to relink to the proper files (because of identically named files with no metadata to differentiate them), even though the workflow is clearly stated in the user guide.

I think any projects brought across major versions are subject to be affected by this change in card based media handling. Similar stuff has happened in the past moving projects across major versions. I would not update any 15.x projects into the v.22 realm if these projects are mission critical, for example. I would give that advice for any major version, as well. Sorry if this info does not help much for your issues happening right now other than me suggesting you roll back to 15.x.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted a bug report to User Voice, please feel free to up vote if other users are experiencing something similar.

Thank you!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44713258-bug-issue-premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for doing this, Cuento Kevin. Upvoted!

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, 

Thanks for your response. I think there already is a uservoice post that talks about the same issue

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43862298-premiere-15-2-thro... 

Unfortunately, this has been going on for months for me as well. Only option is to work on 15.1, which is becoming a real problem as editors that we coorpoerate with are switching over to newer versions of premiere (the are not having this problem on their systems without Xeon chips).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JW for pointing out that post!  Just UpVoted...let's get this problem fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Error for me. I use most of the time media from A7sIII, Fx6 or FX9. "Unable to access resource "SErrorXlND@2x'(type svg)" Happens in lastest Version of Premiere 2022 or Beta. Also in the 2021 but not that often. It‘s really the worst bug i ever had i can‘t edit with it. You start a project after 2min error messages und white screen and the project can not be saved. Premiere is not usable like that.

Mac Pro 2019
24 Core,192GB Ram
W5700X and 6900XT plus Afterburner.
Big Sur 11.6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for info on my Mac Book Pro 16 with i9 and 5600m this error not happend on any version of premiere. I also edit at a company with a imac pro 10 core and vega64 with catalina 10.15.7 and premiere 15.2.0 with no problem.

Maybe it's the higher core count?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this is a core count issue. I believe this is a macOS version+Creative Cloud version+MXF+GPU issue. But I have found a way to make it reset without force quitting or rebooting the Mac.

The last few times I have experienced this bug, when the behavior begins (unable to save/white or black screens where picture should be/the delightful SVG error message) I immediately stop interacting with Premiere, I move the cursor to the Finder and click on the desktop. Then I click back onto the Premiere timeline. And...it goes away. I don't know why, it just instantly resolves. I have been able to save, scrub the timeline, edit.

My specs - iMac Pro 18 core, 128GB RAM, Vega64 16GB, macOS 11.6. Premiere, version is irrelevant...I have had this occur in 15.1 on. Editing Canon MXF clips when the issue arises.

The only other "solution" offered to this issue has been to rollback to an older version. Some users solutions, however, has been to roll forward to a different software. I don't believe Adobe wants either to be the answer so I, along with the others experiencing this problem, hope you are able to isolate and repair this bug soon. Maybe my "solution" will point your engineers toward the actual issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines