• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag effects into premier timeline

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep this very simple: Premier is constantly refusing to allow me to drag any form of effects into my timeline, new projects and new sequences. I have reinstalled premier to the newest version, i have done the adobe cc cleaner, i have checked that no video or audio file is "locked." I have even swapped out my old mouse "because people say it can be linked to that for some reason" i have also refreshed the cache, by holding in shift + alt, and yet. the problem persists, i can not drag any form of effects into my timeline, both video and audio, but i can still add in "clips" and such, but its only the effects tab. that is refusing to work, now this is ofc great considering two days ago the editing software was working just fine, but yesterday it started to act up. my school deadline is just 28 hours away, and im afraid i wont be able to finish up my film in time due to this incredibly annoying issue. 

adobe issue.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your screenshot, you are attempting to add an Effect to an empty part of your timeline. You have to apply an Effect to a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it looks like you are trying to drag the Distort folder to the timeline. You have to open the Distort folder and choose an Effect from within.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im aware im dragging it into an empty track, it was just to show the icon the mouse gives when i try to drag and drop it.
and no, even when i oppened the folder and clicked on the effect i wanted, it still gives of the same mouse icon, even when i drop it directly on a clip 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides what is stated above, you have to highlight the video clip to which you want to add the video effect. You only have the audio clip highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines