Copied

My Setup:

• Adobe Premiere Pro v22.0 (Build 169)
  • Windows 11 Pro | Version: 21H2 | OS Build: 22000.282
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
  • 64 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA 3090 RTX

The Problem:

I can't export a video file with Hardware Encoding on HDR10 (High10 profile) mode.

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be because you're using Win11, which is not fully supported yet. Or something about your specific gear. Or the vagaries of the coding for that specific export setup.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not because Windows 11, it's happens also on Windows 10.

My gear, really? I have NVIDIA 3090 the best card in the market! so no it's not my gear issue.

Let's wait for the Adobe Experts to give me the solution for this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware encoding might be unavailable for that level of export process. Maybe @RjL190365 might pop in. That user has a ton of knowledge.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can help me? @RjL190365

I can't believe there is no support for my high-end hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High-end hardware doesn't matter if the function isn't supported period, or on something on the computer. Which in this case, I don't know. There are some encoding functions that are not 'hardware supported' on any hardware anywhere on the planet. In any application.

I don't know if this is one of those or not.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, so who can tell me what I need to do in order to get HDR10 recndring on Hardware mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carolinesears1 might be able to check and see if this is possible ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stunning! There is no solution for me to the problem (5 years payment user!) - What a bad service Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's doesn't help.

The problem needed solved by the Adobe developers, very sad that there is no one to talk or understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude chill, you sound like the people commenting are attacking you. Who cares if you have high end hardware, I have a 3090ti as well. Does not make me special or better than anyone. Be grateful people here are actually trying to help you instead of being so nasty back to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're exporting to H.264 (AVC), then you cannot have hardware acceleration for 10-bit exports at all. Not even in DaVinci Resolve. Only 8-bit is supported. You must use HEVC for any 10-bit exports.

However, since the hardware encoder implementation used in Adobe products currently support only SDR, you cannot have HDR hardware acceleration. And then, if you try to export HDR10 as 8-bit SDR, then you will run into issues, requiring manual fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does any video editing software allow HDR hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump!

Please help.  This shouldn't be such a big thing or is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the feedback.  Much gratitude.

I am so curious as to why this wouldn't be a priority for everyone wanting to leave rec 709.  I mean it is possible?  Isn't it?  Doesn't the move to 4k bring the color space or is it just the resolution?  I understand the editing benefits but thought I had waited long enough to make the switch to 4k a bit more seamless.

I am still very impressed with what Adobe has given me.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4k is simply pixel dimensions to the image. Not any connection to color or tonality whatever.

Rec.709 is of course sRGB primaries, D65 white point, gamma 2.4 and 100 nits brightness in a semi darkened room. At whatever pixel dimensions.

High dynamic range... HDR ... is simply tonality, a wider dynamic range of brightness. Again, at whatever pixel dimensions were used.

And is nearly always using a wider and deeper color space and color gamut than SDR/Rec.709.

The two most common HDR color spaces are HLG, hybrid log gamma, and PQ, perceptual quantization. They typically use some subset of Rec.2020, often Rec.2100, for the specific color space and gamut.

But you need to know which was used.

Yea, it's more complicated now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is I need to render with HDR Hardware Acceleration! 

Maybe that was lost in the complication?

The first video editing software that offers HDR Hardware Acceleration I will run to. 

I like the look much better than rec709 and that is what the 4k HEVC allows for and that's why it should be hardware accelerated.  Could it be any more simple.    It feels like arbitrary manipulation to have it left out and discovered by me and a few others.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware acceleration is just that ... you might have missed that. Hardware acceleration. As in, dependent on the hardware doing it.

Apparently, at this time, no hardware does. And then that wouldn't be anything any software company could provide.

@RjL190365  is our local expert on such things though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I would like to make it more clear. The setting of High10 implies an H.264 export - and absolutely nobody (hardware-maker-wise at the GPU chip level on the Windows side, as opposed to camera-processor-level) supports hardware encoding or decoding for that profile at all. Every single GPU maker's hardware H.264 encoding support is restricted to 8-bit SDR. And video editing software cannot circumvent this restriction imposed by all of the GPU makers.

HEVC hardware encoding is a completely different story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting, as always!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask why in the latest version (pr2024) hardware encoding is not supported if hdr10 metadata is on? Now it can hardware encode hlg rec2020 with high10 hevc, but if I toggle hdr10 metadata to support hdr10, it says hardware encode is not supported. This is a hardware unsupport or a software unsupport?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not Adobe that made that decision. It's all of the GPU makers which dictated that. They are restricted to 8-bit SDR 4:2:0 for hardware encoding support for H.264. Adobe merely went by whatever Nvidia, AMD and Intel told it to do.

You must use HEVC (H.265) in order to have hardware encoding for 10-bit or HDR exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of peeps think they have it all together.  Reflect and learn. Life is very short.  Here is an article to help the young at mind deliver HDR in all its warring conflicts.  We want color not resolution!

https://www.engadget.com/creating-hdr-videos-for-youtube-is-hell-140028098.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines