Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Import Image Sequence into Premiere Pro CC 2015

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

So I am currently working on a video project and am having issues with importing images for a time lapse. I created the video project a few days ago and recently shot a timelapse sequence to put into the video. I edited the 1114 photos in Lightroom CC and then exported them as .jpegs using chronological file names into a folder that I specifically created for the time lapse. I then created a time lapse bin in Premiere and double clicked the bin and then selected import. I then found the time lapse folder, double-click it so it was the only folder I could see, and then clicked on the first image of the sequence and checked the Image Sequence box underneath it and then pressed import to only find that the first image was the only one that imported. I then double tapped on the bin again to repeat the process to only discover that all images in the folder had the Image Sequence box checked. So, I clicked on the first image again and attempted to import it. Same thing as the first time happened. I double tapped on the bin again. This time I went to the very last image and clicked on that one to import. It only imported that one image. Then on my third attempt I selected all the images in the folder and an tried to import them that way. It imported every single image into the bin. Why is the program doing this? Someone please help!!!

My Equipment:

• Premiere Pro CC v9.0, Paper plane 2015.0.2 release
  • MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1
  • Lightroom CC 2015.1.1 Release

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Have you been able to do this before, and this is a new problem, or is this a first attempt at ingesting an image sequence?

Josebaum217 wrote:

I edited the 1114 photos in Lightroom CC and then exported them as .jpegs using chronological file names into a folder that I specifically created for the time lapse.

The files need to be named in numeric order, something like:

sunrise0001.jpg

sunrise0002.jpg

and so on

to be read as an image sequence, do your file names look like that?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on the previous version of premiere I threw a time lapse together of images from a GoPro (which were also .jpegs). On my first attempt to import the photos I encountered a similiar issue. But on my third attempt it worked. I tried attempting the same process with this time lapse as I did with my last one but no success.

And yes, all my files are named timelapse-1-1.jpg, timelapse-2-2.jpg, timelapse-3-3.jpg and so on.

Have you encountered a similar issue like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! So after thinking over your answer, I went back and re-exported the images through Lightroom but using a different file name. Instead of Timelapse-1-1.jpg I used timelapse-1.jpg and after my first attempt to import, it worked! I'm guess the image sequence is very sensitive to the names of the file. Thank you for the help. You saved me a lot of stress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import unedited (not saved in LR) photo's as an image sequence?

Are these photo's rgb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

I'm trying to help my son make a LEGO movie. We have 807 frames. We exported them from Lightroom and had them named consecutively beginning with 1. When I followed the directions for importing a sequence into Premier, it failed. No error messages -- just no sequence imported. I then saw that I had to number the files with three digits (001 and not 1). I used Bridge to renumber all the files, as Lightroom would not add the leading 00's. Still not working.

I've now tried about 4 different naming schemes, and none are working. Since the idea was to have a simple project for a couple of 4th graders to complete using very clear directions from Adobe and any other number of video tutorials they've found online, we're not particularly pleased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2016 Jan 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ibdb:

Did you find the instructions from the online help?  They're pretty straight forward. 

Here's the link:

Importing still images into Premiere Pro

Scroll down to "Importing images as an image sequence".  Pay extra close attention to step #2.

If you're still running into trouble:

a. Import all 807 images into your project.

b. Select the images in the order you would like them to appear.  If named in sequence, this will be very easy.  If not named in sequence, it will take some time.

c. Add the images to your Sequence.

d. Verify that the images are in the correct order by pressing Home to go to the head of the edit and then pressing the down arrow key to advance through the images. Rearrange the order of the images if needed.

e. Set the desired duration of each image all at once by selecting all the images in the Video Track, choosing Clip > Speed/Duration (set the desired duration and be sure to enable "Ripple Edit").  I'd recommend working in a p24 Sequence with each image duration set to two frame (0:00:00:02).  That is, animated on "2s".  Of course, it's well with in the purview of the animator to go with 1s or 4s for smoother or more staggered motion.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines