Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported format or damaged file

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I shot some footage with my Mavic Air 2 in 4K 60 in MP4-Format.

When i try to import it i get this "unsupported format or damaged file" error. 

Im a beginner so maybe my settings are not correct.

Thanks for your answers!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to a file that PPro will read

Also - MP4 is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the program below
Free program to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I used Handbreak, and was able to encode in m4v.
So I was able to edit my sequence, but I don't understand why Premiere Pro refused me the Mov.
Previously I was using a Phantom 4 Pro with the same settings, and there was no problem.
I post the analysis of Mediainfo, thank you for your feedback.Média info.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the video clips on your Mavik's media, try putting that back into the Mavik and powering it on. There's a chance it can repair the file if something happened to corrupt it during recording like power loss or something.

Are you on a trial version of Premiere or paid version? I know a while back that HEVC (h265) was not supported in the trial version and a lot of these new drones shoot in HEVC if you're recording to 4k. Just another thought, but I don't know if that's still a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used handbrake to convert the files into the youtube/vimeo 4k 60 fomat. And finally it worked. No problem at all. The size of the footage droped very hard (about 75%), but the quality is still good. Thanks for the advice!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Martina0D4D @Régis Bouchu @John T Smith @Phillip Harvey ,

Sorry for this problem. We have fixed this in the latest beta builds which means you should be able to import these media files in Premiere Pro without converting them in any other formats. This is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon.

Meanwhile, you can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines