• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported GPU for CS5

New Here ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all the interest of the "unsupported" GPUs, I thought it was time to start a specific thread.

Please post your questions and experiences.

Hacking is not advised and the unsupported cards are not ready for production use.

You've been warned! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 218 Replies 218
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2010 May 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card has enough ram - odds are you have a typo in the card name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used this hack on a GeForce 8600 GT and getting nice yellow lines.  So far so good with this new CS5 version! Very happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup...There are 8600gts with enough memory.

If you can, please post your gpusniffer.exe output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 8600 GT details -

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\GPUSniffer.e

xe"

Device: 00000000002B3E48 has video RAM(MB): 1024

Vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation

Renderer string: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Version string: 3.0.0

OpenGL version as determined by Extensionator...

OpenGL Version 3.0

Supports shaders!

Supports BGRA -> BGRA Shader

Supports VUYA Shader -> BGRA

Supports UYVY/YUYV ->BGRA Shader

Supports YUV 4:2:0 -> BGRA Shader

Testing for CUDA support...

Found 1 devices supporting CUDA.

CUDA Device # 0 properties -

CUDA device details:

Name: GeForce 8600 GT Compute capability: 1.1

Total Video Memory: 1005MB

CUDA driver version: 3000

CUDA Device # 0 supported.

Completed shader test!

Internal return value: 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea

about whether or not the 8600GT can handle

so many layers, but the 8xxx series is pretty easy to softmod into a quadro if you were interested in attempting to remove your 3 layer limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reiterate... You may be able to get the hack to show your card as being supported and see the yellow line, but.... Some of the older cards, even though they run without errors, will actually SLOW your exporting, rendering and timeline playback.  Be sure to do a speed comparison.  Software only vs GPU.  On one of our systems the GPU "mode" with an older unsupported card slowed things down 4 x.

Again... Do a speed test before getting too excited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my sniffer data:

Device: 0000000000226888 has video RAM(MB): 896
Vendor string:    NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer string:  GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2
Version string:   3.0.0

OpenGL version as determined by Extensionator...
OpenGL Version 3.0
Supports shaders!
Supports BGRA -> BGRA Shader
Supports VUYA Shader -> BGRA
Supports UYVY/YUYV ->BGRA Shader
Supports YUV 4:2:0 -> BGRA Shader
Testing for CUDA support...
   Found 1 devices supporting CUDA.
   CUDA Device # 0 properties -
   CUDA device details:
      Name: GeForce GTX 260      Compute capability: 1.3
      Total Video Memory: 877MB
   CUDA driver version: 3000
CUDA Device # 0 supported.
Completed shader test!
Internal return value: 7

My guess is that the trial version mangles or disables something up. I can no longer capture video from my Canon XHA1 tapes probably because cs5 Trial mangled the CS4 software or whathaveyou. CS5 trial does not have the option to capture HDV (I am sure it's because it is the trial version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post said your GTX 480 didn't do anything.  You posted your GTX 260 gpusniffer.exe info instead.  ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have a GTX 9xxx on the Mac, 2 GTX 260 and one GTX 480 at

home. I am currently at work (and remote desktop does not allow me to get the sniffer data from home because it is not accelerated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A note for others about the different brands: EVGA has a limited lifetime warranty and always packs something extra, like an HDMI cable and/or adapters, others might skimp on these. The limited lifetime warranty is an offer I can not resist (tells me they trust their own products).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valter Vilar wrote:

A note for others about the different brands: EVGA has a limited lifetime warranty and always packs something extra, like an HDMI cable and/or adapters, others might skimp on these. The limited lifetime warranty is an offer I can not resist (tells me they trust their own products).

I believe that the limited part is pretty limited though. As soon as the next generation arrives the 'lifetime' warranty goes away. And my EVGA card didn't fail until after the next gen came out so the warranty did nothing in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had a videocard fail on me before and I used to buy ATI, Matrox, etc... Sorry to hear that. I am shocked that the limited warranty is so limited. However, I believe that EVGA is one of the best non pro brands out there (together with BFG, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say: thank you so much!

It worked with my GTS 250 1GB. I played my Canon 7D  footage @1080p 24fps ->nice.

I applyed three-way color corretor + brightness&contrast + noise + rgb curves= smooth playback, realtime adjustment.

I noticed that icon (i dont know how it is called) say, gpu accelerated (at filters dock) was gray before the trick, and now appears as enable.

Again, thank you so much. I spent a huge amount of money in my cameras and rigs, no money left to buy that overpriced quadro, but now Im a happy guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone done multicamera editing with these cards? The CS4 i currently use is a bit choppy if you pause during multicam edit. Is the Quadro FX 4600 unsupported for real or it can be hacked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, multicam IS a pain. Render your audio and things go

nice.

I just hacked with my gts250 and I didnt test multicam yet.

If I hacked with a Geforce, probably your quadro will work. Backup that txt file and try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srukweza,

Go ahead an try the Hack instructions.

If you can, post your gpusniffer.exe output here.

You are the 1st to try a Quadro 4600 so the results will be interesting.  Since the 4600 is the predacessor to the 4800, my hope is that it works.

Better yet, my hope is that the 3 line limit is removed since it is a true Quadro card.

Keep us posted!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't tried CS5 yet but I am planning to purchase it in the next week or so. I recently purchased a Matrox RT X2 card which I am stuck with right now. Does anyone know the future of these cards since they only support HDV as compared to CS5's MPE. My hope was that Matrox may release a driver which will support full HD for these units. Does anyone have any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to buy the Alienware M15x laptop. Does anyone know if the MPE works with the GTX 260m graphic card that comes in the M15x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it has enough memory, I guess it would.  Other similar mobile cards have worked with the hack.

I seriously doubt it would get "official" support though.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-260M.14559.0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info...sucks that theres no official support though. At a college level doesn't make sense to get a workstation, cause I'll need to be running up and down a lot.

Guess I'll just have to live with whatever I get from the GTX260M, its got 1GB memory though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned:

"Note that i'm using 2 monitors  and there's a extra tweak to play with CUDA seamlessly with 2 monitors."  How do I do that?  I'm using 2 monitors as well.  Thanks.

Ragnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I just exchanged my $80 ATI card for a $150 GTS 250 and I have 3 lines of stutter free layers. Works perfect with the hack. I invested $500 in a new system not including the drives.

New

Gigabyte EP43-U3DL

4 GB OF G Skill 1066 ram DDR2

Nvidia GTS 250 DDR3

q8300 Quad core, Stock 2.5 Ghz, runs fine, I prefer OC to 3.0 Ghz

750 PS (you'll need power for this GPU)

Old

1 external USB 2.0 500 GB 2.5 7200 drive

1 internal 160 Gb 7200 drive

1 internal 320 Gb 7200 drive

1 OS drive 160 Gb 7200 drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a GTS 250 as well and I just tried the hack.  I don't notice a huge difference with playback other than the line stays yellow instead of turning red...however, I did a export test.  Software only = 6 min 36 sec. and with the hack 2 min. 50 sec.  I was not expecting that big of a difference on a non supported card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So from what I have read so far.

The requirement to actually enable the feature regardless performace is to have enough memory/ram on the CUDA enabled card.

Yet, I have only see people get it done with a minium of 1GB of memory.

I have seen in this thread and other threads about the 756mb requirement, but I also see a 8800GTX (I believed he even softmodded it into a Quadro4600)failed to enable the feature?

So does the 768mb on the 8800GTX not enough? cuz the GTX should have at least a 768mb of memory and 128 of CUDA cores where a GT240 with 96CUDA core and 1GB can enable the feature.

Can anyone confirm this or have more info on this matter ? I'm replacing my brother's 8800GTS for his CS5 master collection.

So if the 1GB requirement is true, that pretty much ruled out the entire 8 series and most of the 9 series except GTX and the 512mb GT200s.

I really not looking forward to purchase a 96 cores GT 240 1GB for this task.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to say, the $110 I paid for the GTS 250 was a far better buy than the overpriced quadros, and working with AVC-Intra is a dream...very little stutter and slowdown, even with nested sequences with multiple gpu keys and effects everywhere...18 layers, and it still doesn't quit.

You guys rock, and I got to give Adobe some props for the update and killing the layer lock.

Now, if ATi could be let in the game as well...I know a few years back ATi was doing a demo of a modded version of Premiere Elements with GPU acceleration, so it's gotta be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines