• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated nVidia Driver to 472 and Second Monitor only Works if Premiere Minimized

Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week, I had to update my video driver to support the new Blender 3.0 version that I'd just installed.

Normally Premiere does not misbehave when I install an updated video driver, but this time it's acting bizarre.

Normally, Premiere will output full screen video to my secondary 4K monitor and the normal Premiere application on my primary monitor.

Since the video driver upgrade, my second monitor only shows desktop background. 

Now here's the odd part: If I MINIMIZE Premiere, the second monitor displays full screen video from Premiere. 

Is anyone else experiencing weird problems with multimonitor on the 472 nVideo driver?

My hardware is dual Xeon E5-2667, nVidia 1080Ti.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm presuming you used the full Studio driver, and not the "game-ready" driver?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, am using Studio driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running a 2080Ti here, although I haven't updated the driver recently. Using 472.12 and having no issues with four screens. I see 472.84 listed on their site as their newest.

Wonder ... would the 472.12 one work for your system?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to have to explore different versions.

For curiousity, I fired up AE and found that 2nd monitor works correctly in AE.

Premiere "teases" me with a full screen output for ONE second when I restore it, but then the 2nd display reverts to desktop from then on. This is really frustrating.

In order to use Optix noise reduction in Blender 3.0, it was necessary to update to the latest nVidia driver, which is what I did. Didn't turn out as expected though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines