Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading To Dropbox, File Resolution.

Guide ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone.

After Finish Editing, I would like to have a Client to take a look at the finished Project. I understand that It Is Impossible to Text, or Email The Entire Project, Due to the File Size, therefore I can Upload the finished Project as a H.264 to the Dropbox, and send the Link to the Client, so they can take a look at It. I have a question Please:

Since most people are going to watch the Text, or the Email with their, iPhone, or other Smartphones, Dose It make any different to send It as 1920 By 1080,

or even lower Resolution size ?

Which format do you recommend, so the Client can look at the Project that was uploaded to the Dropbox, with there Smartphone, so they can watch It quickly, without Streaming or paused video.

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Dear Kevin.

Sorry for the Late Reply.

I noticed If I upload the files AS: Mobile Device 480p SD Wide,  854 By 480. Its much faster, and there is no streaming.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an old fart.  I assume folks are doing it right - watching video on their 50" TV, or at a bare minimum, on their 24" computer screen.

I would upload the full 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree with Jim in theory, in practice you may have problems.  You have to assume that some of your clients have computers/tablets etc that are mainly used for working on documents.  Mine certainly have quite low spec devices and sending them HD files is not a good thing as sometimes the video stutters and pauses - not what you want your client to experience.  I usually send out SD files ie NTSC or PAL (depending on location).  If I know that the client has a PC or Android device I send a WMV file.  If they have an Apple device, I send an MP4 file.  Play it safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did a test, and Send Three files to Dropbox as follow, and opened them in my i phone:

1- I had a 7 minutes Video, at 1080, 730MB File size . When I opened it with my iPhone, It did paused, many time

2- Inside Export Setting I Selected : Mobile Device 480p SD Wide,  854 By 480, the file size dropped to 45 MB, and when I opened it in my I phone, It loaded pretty fast.

To be honest, I did not see that much video quality lost, watching it in my iPhone. Also, when I Drag the Time Slider It did played pretty fast.

3- Inside Export Settings, I Selected YouTube 480SD Wide, 854 By 480, and I Drag the Target Encoding, and Maximum Bitrate, all the way to the left,  "0.19". The file size  dropped to 25MB. Actually, It loaded slower than Mobile Device 480p SD Wide,  854 By 480.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just ask them what they want, and follow-up with the question... 'did that play ok for you?'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AnimationLife,

Are you still experiencing this issue or have you solved it? Please let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Kevin.

Sorry for the Late Reply.

I noticed If I upload the files AS: Mobile Device 480p SD Wide,  854 By 480. Its much faster, and there is no streaming.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines