• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use drive letter instead of network location on import / relink

Participant ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing or reconnecting media from a mapped network drive, Premiere does not use the drive letter, but instead used the network path. For instance: 

Screenshot 2019-12-23 15.49.40.png

You can see how in this relink dialogue, even though I have this network location mapped to N:, premiere is choosing to use the path "localhost".  It would be much more convenient if Premiere could respect drive mappings.

On the broader topic, I believe strongly that Premiere's relink process is basically out of the stone age, and you should be able to (automatically or manually) be able to indicate / search by HARD DRIVE LETTER, VOLUME NAME, or VOLUME SERIAL.

Seeing Resolve's relink process is basically the only thing that has seriously made me consider giving up PPro.  It can do things that I've spent days doing in seconds.

TOPICS
Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among others if found this thread, you can up-vote it from here

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34393543-do-not-replace-map...

It's better to search and upvote a topic rather than write new threads as the Adobe powers that be will look at higher numbers for possible features. User Voice is the place to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will do. I searched but didn't use right keyword apparently - I was focusing on "drive letter".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this at the bottom right of PP UserVoice:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you see that 'tip' from the first comment about using File Explorer. I just tried it and PP does reconnect with the mapped drive. Some swear to Media Browser, but I rarely use it, and have kept an eye out to see if there has been any issues and so far I haven't found any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines