• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using replicate/grid effects on essential graphics shapes?

Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to draw a simple rectangle and then have it repeat in a row down the frame at precise intervals. I have tried using the grid and  replicate effects but my results are always wonky and not what I am after. Sometimes it cuts part of the shape off... or when I get the distance between the shapes right the shape has been shrunken too much. Scaling it up throws the distance between the shapes off. I have tried looking for tutorials on applying these effects to shapes but I can't really find any. Could someone point me in the right direction for some education on this? Thanks!

What I'm trying to do:

I am trying to create a simple film strip visual, with the perforations on the right and left of the frame. The perforations are white rectangles with rounded corners on top of a long skinny black rectangle. I drew one white "perforation", and I would like to somehow replicate it in a single row down the side of the frame. The goal is to animate it scrolling upward.

I tried looking for a template that did this, but although there are many that are close to what I need, none are precisely it. Would this be better done in AE?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably better in Ae, that has things to automate many similar activities.

In Premiere, I'd use a shape made in the EGP, then copy/drag copy/drag/copy/drag ... what a drag ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do one circle. Copy/paste as much as you need.

Postition them (make sure Snap in Program Monitor is on) roughly then

Select all and disttribute vertically.

Now you can animate them in the Effect Controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines