Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very Strange Behaviour

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, first time poster and relatively new user so go easy

I've been using the software fine for a couple of years now but today, literally minutes ago, revisiting older projects (i'm talking weeks rather than months) creates some bizarre visuals, often where i've used PNGs / titles created in Photoshop. Someone is bound to tell me off for doing that. Ha.

But anyway... point is... what used to be a title within a yellow box and on a transparent background. Is now a weird purple thing that seems to have taken semi opaque grabs from other elements on the timeline that don't exist under the transparency.

It's really weird. I've tried deleting render files and then rerendering and that seems to fix some but not others. Then when I i.e. save and relaunch / restart my machine for instance it decides to either revert or just mix up the PNG overlays a little again. Creating new sequences / projects etc etc doesn't work either.

Seems a bit of a mess and wondering if I should go back a version.

Any similar problems, solutions or ideas welcome.

Thanks, and i've attached a couple of interesting examples so you can see what i'm seeing.

Sam

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 16.22.05.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 16.29.52.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

As Peru Bob notes, there's a bug with png/alpha channels in 12.1 release. Three different users posted three different work-arounds, and I collated them into one post. You can try these to see which is easiest to do.

Neil

PNG with Alpha Workarounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help other users in the forum to help you, please describe what version of Premiere Pro you're using and what your OS is. Also, post a screen shot of a portion of your sequence where the playhead is (showing all tracks) and then post the corresponding frame grab from the Program Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stefan,

Best I can do now is share that going back a version fixed the problem. So that's going back to v12.0.1 from v12.1.

If anyone else experiences the same with the latest version happy to reupgrade and share additional info. Won't be upgrading again any time soon.

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue.

My system:

iMac Pro (2017)

CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Xeon W

RAM: 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

GPU: Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

Premiere version 12.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What macOS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D2104)

In general latest update of Premiere and After effects is very glitchy and I experience a lot of different issues. Just FYI. If I'll be less busy at work I'll maybe create separate topic about all issues I have after latest update.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try converting the png files to psd before importing into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Peru Bob notes, there's a bug with png/alpha channels in 12.1 release. Three different users posted three different work-arounds, and I collated them into one post. You can try these to see which is easiest to do.

Neil

PNG with Alpha Workarounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It was helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Convet the png file to tiff in Mac  and then import that tiff file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines