• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Asset Management Software?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't really sure if this is the right place for this question but thought folks here might have a suggestion.

I a need a single user solution to be able to manage a moderate amount amount of video files (8tb / abt 200 files). Of course, I have LR & Bridge but as most know those solutions are lacking. LR especially since it doesn't read a lot of formats.

I'm not interested in a cloud solution since the ramp time to upload files would be months.

I've already done a fair amount of research and have only found enterprise grade SW which is prob overkill in terms of both function and price.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 03, 2017 Jun 03, 2017

IDimager's "Photo Surpreme" handles about all video formats ... as well as documents, stills, all sorts of things. It's near to the capabilities of the 'enterprise' level, not as difficult to master, and currently $99 for a single-user or $199 for server-based setup.

I've used it in the past ... and keep thinking of going back to it.

I had put in a feature-request for Prelude to be given an Lr-style database, to become the "Lightroom" of video. Especially as much of the news-based use of it seems

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IDimager's "Photo Surpreme" handles about all video formats ... as well as documents, stills, all sorts of things. It's near to the capabilities of the 'enterprise' level, not as difficult to master, and currently $99 for a single-user or $199 for server-based setup.

I've used it in the past ... and keep thinking of going back to it.

I had put in a feature-request for Prelude to be given an Lr-style database, to become the "Lightroom" of video. Especially as much of the news-based use of it seems to be going away, would make a nice shift of direction. Well, to me it's sensible, but not to the manager types apparently!

IDimager | Photo Supreme | Cross Platform, Single and Multi User Digital Asset Management Software

You can take a look at Photo Supreme ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the rec

i had downloaded and tried it in the past but forgot about it. i gave it another shot after after seeing your post. since you mentioned you've been thinking about going back to it thought i'd share my quick exp ...

it's def geared to photo rather than video

i didn't see any functions important to me that lr or bridge dont have

it crashed twice while synching  ... always a deal breaker for me when looking at sw from smaller cos

hope that's helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd highly recommend Kyno by Lesspain software. I discovered the platform about 5 months ago and it's been a huge time-saver for me. It has this drill down tool that will find all the media on your drive, metadata fields, 4k video player, in and out points, markers etc. It helps disorganized editors, stay organized. Added perk: you can send media directly to Premiere Pro. Here is a video overview: Kyno: A Media Management App for Premiere Pro CC & Final Cut X - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as it has no database, it's really a video version of Bridge? On steroids though ... and it looks like for logging/ingesting it's easier & more intuitive than Prelude.

However, a big issue at the moment is ... Mac only. A PC version is "coming" ... ah well.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll stick to the Bridge. Been using it for years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kyno for windows is now available!!

Kyno 1.4 - released  January 4 2018

Kyno - Lesspain Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines