• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video editing [need help with security video of a shooting]

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a security camera video i would like to clean up. It is of a car that shot at my wifes car hitting my 11 month old son. Is there any one willing to look at it and see what they can do. I downloaded the software but am not very good with it.

[Title edited for question clarity and future forum search... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let the law authorities "clean it up".  They can use professional resources to do so without compromising or risking the evidence.

You doing so sounds like it has ulterior motives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The law authorities told me to ask people I knew as they don't have the best software. They are government funded there for using out of date equipment. You are welcome to submit what ever you come up with directly to Crime Stoppers in Houston. I only want the person apprehended. Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give you an idea it took them 2 weeks to figure out how to open an mp4 file. I was able to figure it out in 2 minutes. I also was the one who went and got the footage from some of the neighbors as they hadn't even went out and asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello..

I use following tips to clear CCTV footage from my HD security Cameras. You can also try this. If this is not applicable to you then try another one.

1. Crop the video to only include one video feed and then expand that portion to fill the entire video frame.
  2. Crop out the time stamp from the top or bottom of the frame.
  3. Use a degrain filter to remove excessive noise from the video.
  4. Adjust the black and white levels of the video to bring out the most detail through contrast.
  5. Overlay a semi-transparent white circle onto the video to highlight a person or object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines