Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Not Showing In Program Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been searching the forums for days and have not found a fix for this issue (I may have missed the relevant thread). When I am trying to edit my videos the audio plays but I can't see the video. The program monitor usually has a black screen but occasionally switches to an off-white screen. There does not appear to be a difference other than the color of the screen in these cases that I can notice. Both the video and audio tracks are present and the audio plays without issue. The thumbnails show images from the video clips. I am using mp4 files and they play well in other media players. Unfortunately, clips that used to play in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 now no longer are. I am using Windows 10 and have checked for updates manually.

Things I Have Tried:

• Deleting and re-importing files.
  • Deleting my project and creating a new one.
  • Uninstalling Premiere Pro CC 2018 and reinstalling it.
  • Updating Flash.
  • Updating my computer.
  • Changing my renderer from GPU Acceleration to Software Only.
  • Resetting my work spaces.
  • Switching off of extended screen (I use multiple monitors).
  • Turning off accelerated Intel h.264 decoding

I have reset each setting I changed when it did not fix the problem. Any ideas?

Adobe Help Request.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Thank you for the time and suggestion, Neil! This didn't end up fixing the problem but I'm glad to know how to use Adobe's CC Cleaner tool.

Adobe Premiere Pro is up and running after killing every Adobe process that I could find and Windows surprising me with an update. Not sure what fixed it out of this but glad it's running again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

I have used Premiere at a very basic level for many years.  This problem only just started for me - media disappearing from the Program panel.  After reading this thread, I looked at Edit > Preferences > Memory, and changed it from Performance to Memory.  So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, I would suggest using the Adobe CC Cleaner tool. The instructions are kind of confusing and I think wrong in one thing, but it's the only way to really get all of a CC app uninstalled and removed such that a re-install won't find and use that bit. And some of the bits the Adobe apps put outside the Program folder can be the things that cause some of the weird stuff. And it's good to copy your preferences folder to another location. This is the info on what's in preferences and how to find those folders:

User Preferences Location/Setting/Use: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/preferences.html

When you download & install the CC Cleaner Tool, the instructions say to uninstall via the CC Desktop app then run the cleaner. Most of the time when I've done that, and others I know, then run the tool ... it says it can't find the app to uninstall. So ignore that instruction.

Run the app, and it comes up in an old DOS style mini-window with y/n or number responses the only controls. After the first screen or to, it says something about Remove at the top and lists any non-CC apps and then all CC apps under one heading. It looks like it remove everything ... not so. Select the 2018 CC apps thing, then of the 2018 CC apps, it will ask which one you want to remove. You type a number, hit enter, then it asks you if you really want to remove that one, type a y, and it goes to work.

When done, reboot the computer, and from the CC Desktop app, download a fresh copy of PrPro and install. Let's see if that fixes this.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the time and suggestion, Neil! This didn't end up fixing the problem but I'm glad to know how to use Adobe's CC Cleaner tool.

Adobe Premiere Pro is up and running after killing every Adobe process that I could find and Windows surprising me with an update. Not sure what fixed it out of this but glad it's running again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just glad you're running.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Did you ever figure it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue as well, and went through some of the tried fixes that drcros did also without desired result. Getting ready to run the CC Cleaner app I was interested to see that several old versions of programs still showed up there although I had deleted them previously, and they no longer showed up in my apps folder.

I deleted PrPro, Cloud and Media Encoder via the cleaner app. Reinstalled same. Looked good at first but the moment in viewed a video file that had previously had a Lumetri LUT applied (which LUT was not longer there because I had deleted it along with the program) I could see that file in all its grey glory. The moment I applied the LUT - poof! - black Program Monitor screen again.

Calling Adobe. Will report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a lengthy online chat with Adobe representative Pawan, who was nice but blames the issue on my GH5 400mbps original files. I am told that no other camera has this problem. Of interest, I was told that the GH5 codec was included in the Oct2017 release of PPro, that the problem(s) were solved.

Please respond here with the camera and codec you are experiencing this problem with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Doesn't work for my Iphone 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

The video files, .mp4s, are importing without a problem.

There is no playback issue on the timeline (it acts as if everything is fine).

There are no audio problems.

I restarted my computer but that did not solve the issue.

I am waiting for a call back from support staff.

Premiere Problem Screen.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

It turns out that the video card on my laptop is not compatible.

Getting it replaced!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to understand how to fix this but nothing seems working. I have a white screen and the program monitor and source monitor don't work

i7-2630QM 2.00GHz

16GB DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT555M

Acer Aspire 8951G-9824

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white screen is contained within the monitor(s)?

Click on the wrench icon at the lower right of the monitor and from the drop down menu make sure Composite Video is selected.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MtD

I have an extended monitor and whether the Program Monitor is on the second screen or the first screen it doesn't play the clips, and neither does the source monitor.

I have all sorts of problems even when opening a file I have weird black screens (this happens in Illustrator as well).

I even tried to go back to the 2017 version (which would mean that I have to do everything from scratch), but that didn't help either.

PrCC.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Try to roll back the drivers of NVidia card to early 2018 or late 2017 version.

The below link mentions that the Fermi GPU support has ended in April.

Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

List of Fermi series GeForce GPUs | NVIDIA

Support Plan for Fermi series GeForce GPUs | NVIDIA

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll start right away...wish me luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!!! OMG IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much! I have to work all night straight but it's way better than missing a deadline.

The driver 390.77 for GeForce 555M WORKS ..Eurika!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell me how to do this as I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having the same issue as well and cannot for the life of me get it fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Premiere at a very basic level for many years.  This problem only just started for me - media disappearing from the Program panel.  After reading this thread, I looked at Edit > Preferences > Memory, and changed it from Performance to Memory.  So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! IT WORKED. 

I SPENT TWO DAYS IN JUST FINDING OUT THE SOLUTION.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks LilyQ, your method worked, except in Creative Cloud Premiere on Mac Apple Silicon Version Memory just shows how much allocated to Other apps, changing this (to 16GB from 12 GB) fixed this. NOt sure if the amount matters just the change, maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines