• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Playback Lagging

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro cc and when I imported my media video files everything is ok.  I rendered all of the video files so that I have a green line in my timeline for smooth playback.  When I play a video in the preview section the audio plays normal but the video is skipping/lagging.  How can I fix this issue and what do I need to do because it makes it hard to edit my music videos.  The videos are recorded in 1920/1080 at 29.97fps.  I have even switched the video rendering settings to the same as my videos but that also hasn't worked.  What can I do???????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your premiere version ?

OS ?

Screenshot to your sequence setting

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere version is CC 2017

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dblockjmic,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide us more information to corner the issue. Check this article FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with CC 2017. Impossible to edit due to choppy, lagging playback in preview.

Playback is set to 1/4 resolution and all other lowering options are grey'd out, so that certainly isn't a solution.

Original video resolution is 1080p.

Frame Rate: 23.976

Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2011)

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics AND Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have went through 4 different attempts at fixing "choppy" or "lagging" output on a project I spent 12 hours on. This is so tormenting and aggravating because Adobe Premiere CC changes settings and windows and more when I open it up....different from the previous time...like it has a "mind of it's own". Those are aggravating enough to deal with. Now I have a piece of garbage product that I wasted 12 hours of my life energy on and NO ONE at Adobe to talk to about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sooooo pathetic.

Adobe makes all this money and all you can do is HOPE someone on YouTube has an answer.

There's NO ONE to talk to at Adobe. This is the MOST OUTRAGEOUS B.S.  Only Comcast/Xfinity has even worse customer service. If you count government organizations then Adobe is right there with the Drivers' Licensing facilities.

NOTHING WORSE than working your butt off on a project, get done by a deadline, only to find out the end product is CRAP and there's NOTHING you can do about it, except WRITE A LETTER to the multi-million dollar corporation and hope some human might possibly answer and talk to you in layman's terms so you can understand what the heck they are saying IF THEY EVER get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a lot left to be desired about the help files and help services for quite a number of the Adobe products. That's an ongoing issue, and a huge irritant.

Now ... the vast majority of users are not having bad lag problems ... most commonly, those are caused by a whole raft of issues but ones that can be sorted out & dealt with. And between here and the Hardware forum, there's a lot of people willing to help sort out your troubles.

One of the best resources for this is Bill Gehrke's ppbm test, as that involves running a small project that comes in a download including some computer sub-system monitoring apps. Open that PrPro project, run it, including the export involved ... and then send the results back to Bill. Takes a few minutes, and it gives you a real-time readout on how well all your computer systems actually perform with a PrPro project.

As there are thousands of previous tests in his system, this gives a very good look at exactly what's going on "physically" in the hardware. Sometimes this clearly shows the hardware is fine, and other times, people get a bit of a jolt at how part of their system isn't operating as well as they expected. Which means, they now have a clear decision as to how to get the computer functioning better.

Also, for the many issues that can come from project corruption, unfortunate settings, project structure, OS settings, that sort of thing ... the experience of other users available through this forum is often able to solve things.

So ... give us a detailed list of your hardware, the media you work, the effects you use, and your basic workflow. We can probably improve your situation a good deal.

Also, you can check out the Hardware forum directly, as that involves Bill, RoninEdits, safeharbor11, and others with vast technical know-how of the computers needed to run this complex program.

Neil

Tweaker's Page ... now Bill's Video Hardware Blog

http://ppbm8.com/index.html

Hardware Forum ...

https://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere/hardware_forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines