Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Voice Over with Mac (Premier Pro CC)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm unable to record using my Mac and Blue Yeti mic in Premier Pro CC. I've been using an old version of Premier and decided to buy the CC again, only to find that it's impossible to voice over. The mic icon is greyed out on the timeline and I can see no way of rectifying this.

I'm really hoping someone can help me on this forum as it seems to be the only way to access any help at all for this product (is that also correct? seems odd at over $50 a month)....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Go to Preferences > Audio and check the box for Mute Audio During Timeline Recording:

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.39.49 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that your microphone is activated in the preference settings of premiere. 2 reasons why it is not maybe: 1. it is not set as the default mic of Windows (How to Setup default microphone on your windows system - YouTube ) 2. It was plugged in after starting premiere. There might be reasons beyond that... However, be sure your mic is plugged in and than start premiere. After doing that check if it is activated in the preference settings of premiere (the following clip shows how to get there in the first 2 minutes; be sure thet you select the INPUT devices, as that must not be the case by default: How to Setup default microphone on your windows system - YouTube)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello GermanTV,

I'm actually using a Mac, does that make a difference? The voice-over icon is greyed out on my Macbook pro but it all works perfectly on my iMac, which seems really odd.

I've managed to get it to allow me to voice-over, probably because I plugged the Yeti in before turning PP on as you suggested, thank you.

I've now got the issue of SO MUCH feedback from the mic that I can't hear a thing. Using headphones with the Yeti makes no difference at all. I must have one of the settings wrong. I have built-in output set on preferences and have no other sound tracks on the timeline.

I'm so confused, I've been doing voice-over for years with PPCS6 and never had any of these issues with the same equipment. But I'm getting the feedback with both Macbook pro and iMac desktop.

Thanks so much for your useful help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Audio and check the box for Mute Audio During Timeline Recording:

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.39.49 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg, you're a superstar.

Happy new year - back to work I go.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro often has issues with USB audio.  I recommend not using it.  Stick to the normal audio connections.

Additionally, I also recommend recording voiceover with a hardware recorder, something like a Zoom or Tascam unit.  They're generally very reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same (PC Wondows 10) but that didn't solve it for me. Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and check your mic is checked in the drop down box. But it was a good tip as I knew where to look in settings, ThxCapture 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines