• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VST plugins loading in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read many discussions on Google on this where people have issues with Premiere and other Adobe programs loading VST audio plugins. I have not seen that Adobe has addressed this issue. The complaints span back many years...

I am constantly switching from my DAW to Premiere and each time I do i have to rename 4 VST folders so Premiere won't scan them.

Adobe's solution is to suggest we blacklist VSTs.. really? I have 1055 of them. lol (blacklisting rarely works it loads them anyway)

I am constantly opening my DAW and it is complaining it has no VSTs, well, that is because I forgot to rename the folders back. Then I rename it back and my DAW has to scan and check subscriptions on 1055 of them again. Premiere is loading many gigantic synths, Melodyne, and hundreds of other dlls that it has no idea whatsoever how to utilize, no midi editing functionality and no midi recording...

It is not just to conserve memory while working in Premiere that I do not want all of these loaded... Many of them are 32 bit and many of them are very old and buggy and barely work in a 64 bit environment. It is also considerably a hassle when you go to render a project that takes hours and Premiere locks up and it may or may not be the plugins causing this, but there is no really easy way to tell at that point. I would just prefer that these plugins would not load in Premiere. I am aware that Premiere automatically blacklists plugins that cause it to crash. After Premiere has crashed during a long render this approach seems archaic. Not having these load at all means Premiere is at its optimum level of stability. A much better approach is to allow users to choose what folders Premiere scans for plugins on the system.

I use Cakewalk Platinum as a DAW (yes I know they just discontinued updates).

For a good number of years Cakewalk has had a function within it called  "Cakewalk plugin manager", when you open this it allows you to add or remover plugin folders that Cakewalk will scan at startup.

This would certainly save me and others a lot of time and frustration if Premiere and After Effects had this type of feature.

Somewhere within Premiere it is getting passed this master list of directories to scan... This function should be open to editors who use Premiere etc...

I have been waiting for this feature for years to be written into Premiere. I am starting this discussion in hopes that maybe Premiere has this functionality now and I am unaware of it.

For the sake of stability and memory leaks and usage, these plugins should not be loading if the project(s) will not be using them.

I will often even take them out of the Cakewalk VST folders and move a large number of these plugins out of Cakewalk to 32 and 64 bit folders on my desktop just to allow Cakewalk some added stability too.

If this ability is not yet written within Premiere etc. Well it is time this feature gets written into the program. It would certainly help when troubleshooting errors when Premiere crashes.

Please let me know if Premiere has this ability to prevent this loading of VSTs from within (without blacklisting them on by one).

I would certainly trade a more stable Premiere for one of the various effects or shader features that has taken top priority over this vital VST blocking function.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Premiere... I am just tired of jumping (unnecessary) hoops to avoid VSTs from loading.Plugin Manager 1.PNG

VST 2.PNG

This is how it should be done in Premiere and After Effects and all other Adobe programs that load unnecessary VSTs.

Please let me know if Adobe now has this functionality,

Many thanks in advance.

RR

This is both a question and a discussion.

If this ability has not been implemented please someone see that this is sent to the development team...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

You can set which folders are scanned under Edit>Preferences>Audio>Audio Plug-In Manager...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set which folders are scanned under Edit>Preferences>Audio>Audio Plug-In Manager...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim Simon, that was a very helpful answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it does not address the problem if you cannot start Premiere because of a VST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to move the VST for a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. But it is clunky I only had to fire up CS6 because of the PIA need for encore (no longer conveniently available)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines