Why did I get this?

warning.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

I switched the "video rendering and playback" to Mercury Playback Engine software only, like someone mentioned, and it worked!! YAY

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled hardware accelerated decoding (Edit>Preferences>Media>Enable hardware accelerated decoding) And it seemed to got fixed!

I hope this can help someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it can be GPU Render.I have this problem since I've updated to 14.2.0 (build 47).
For me helped to change flags to true in the Console (CTRL + F12).GF.DisableAcceleratedDisplayGF.DisableAcceleratedRendererIt works, if I disable only two flags simultaneously.

It will disable GPU Render and error shouldn't appear, if you have the same trouble.
But also you won't use Hardware Acceleration for NVIDIA (Maybe AMD) render and playback.
This option don't disable Intel QuickSync and with QuickSync it works good even with HW Acceleration.
I don't know, maybe NVIDIA and Premiere should modify drivers and it will work good. HW acceleration appeared recently in 14.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "fix" doesn't work.
This has been going on for a year now, why cant we just disable this feature in preferences????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're nearly at a complete standstill.  Media goes offline every 5 minutes.  Making it offline and then relinking will sometimes buy you another 5 minutes. 

Software rendering does not fix it. 

Runnning all pending windows updates didn't fix it.

Blowing away all preferences and plug-in caches doesn't fix it.

Sychronizing all computer and server time(s) doesn't fix it.

New projects don't fix it.

Upgrading to 14.4 didn't fix it.

Rolling Quadro  P4000 drivers forward, then backward, then backward about 6 times didn't fix it.

Reinstalling Premiere didn't fix it.

Blowing away all caches--all of them--fixed it.  For about 6 minutes.  Because I suspect that's how long it took to create a bunch of corrupt caches again.

This ia an absolute show-stopper in a PRODUCTION, as if the project the file resides in is open and in use by another user (you know--the thing that makes PRODUCTIONS useful?) you need to contact them (pray they're at their desk) and get them to either make the clip offline and relink it, or relinquish control so you can do it.  Every.  Five.  Minutes.

We're not rocking some wack-ass social media app codec here--bog standard XDCAM, DNxHD and ProRes.  Broadcast formats that have been ironed out for eons.  There should be no surprises here.

Have sat on hold with Adobe for 2 40 minute sessions now, and when it eventually forces me to leave a call back number, it never beeps, and then just give me dead air...into which I give my name and number (can't hurt, right?), and then never hear back.

Really, really, really, really not digging on Adobe right now.  Not at all.  Not even a little bit.  Like, I'm angry turning on my computer in the morning knowing this is the mess I have to face with deadlines looming. 

Our chief technology officer this morning: "Remind me why you don't use Resolve instead?  I can't seem to find as many people screaming about show-stopping issues like these in that camp..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users would swap new features for some stability that's for sure. I think the Premiere team need a new leader.

I'm not sure how long Adobe can go on like this, they'll lose customers, especially people who aren't tied to other CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We ran into the same issue when delivering DNxHR SQ files to an editor working in Premiere 2020.
The trick was to render the DNxHR SQ files in ''CONSTANT BITRATE'', this solved the issue.

So our guess is that people that run into this problem should re-render or create proxies of their footage to a filetype with a constant bitrate.

I hope Adobe fixes the issue soon as both constant and variable bitrate footage works fine in Resolve. But I understand that switching is not a possibility for many of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem wiht a project I hadn't touched since this past summer.  All my edited clips were black, sound was good but all had the frame substitution exception.  My Ace IT department rolled my Premier back to the version before the September update and that solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few phone chats with support I was able to pry some information out of them.  I couldn't get them to repeat the phrase "this is a known issue" only that the next beta addresses it.  Except it doesn't--I test it and lasted an hour.

The problem, as they discussed, is the .mov container.  If you use it, you can get frame subs.  MP4 and MXF do not have this issue.  If you have an MOV in a project with MXFs and MP4s, that can actually cause the MXFs and MP4s to throw frame subs.  It's down the existence of MOVs in your project.

I didn't bother testing this because all the files we receive are ProRes, and we're not about to transcode everything just to work on it--the volume it far too high.  Perhaps there are members here who can shift their entire workflows to accomdate Adobe's bugs, so I thought I'd share.

BONUS: unrelated tidbit of knowledge that is shared exactly nowhere--if you have closed captions where there is no captioning within the first 2 seconds of the caption file itself, there is a chance Adobe will simply ignore the caption when attempting to embed it.  The "solution" provided was to export the caption and then bring them back in again.  (all this does is snug the captions up to the begining of the file as far as I can tell).  I simply chop the beginning off and that works and saves a pointless in and out roundtrip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rediculous. I have just tested the Beta and it's exactly the same, in fact the very first project I opened was screwed. We use an almost entirel; ProRes Mov workflow but have seen the same issue with MXF media. 

I honeslty don't think anyone is looking into this issue despite it rendering the software entirely useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to sound dumb, but the easiest solution is copy and pasting the video file in your folder and then importing that pasted file. It works for me everytime, but then again we could be having different issues that cause the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in duplicate the file and (re)import the duplicate?  This works for you consistently?

Sadly many of our source files run 100 to 300 GB, so we don't have a lot of space to be duping files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does sometimes work but it's an abusrd thing to be doing. Copying hundreds of gigs is impractical and it's just as likely to be broken again the next time you open it. 

What storage are you using? Network or local drives? If we use drives it tends to be ok but as we have a super fast and super expensive video network, this is also impractical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my job I only have to edit 2 minute clips at 1080p. I also have a very high end computer so I get this is something that's not feasible in all cases and situations. It's just something that worked 100% of the time in my situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I cleaned this path from plugins:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore

Deleted all files in it after I have made a copy on my desktop.

Started premiere and it works.

Hope it helps you.

Kind regards

taratoga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it still doesn't work for me. I have the same problem and it appeared completly out of the blue, since I just opened a project on which I was already working the day before.

In my settings for video rendering and playback it was already set to Mercury Playback Engine Software only. Has anyone other suggestions? I would be very grateful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that seemed to work for our team--moving the Media Cache and database off Networked Storage (read and write speeds exceeding 500MB/s) to internal SSDs (similar speeds) and in our online suites to internal NVMes (1500MB/s).

Although we're still left with some problematic files from time to time, this has dramatically cut down our frame substitutions.  Also purging the media cache as soon as problems arise.  It's just not worth struggling through it with manual offline/relink procedures.  It's honestly faster to just purge the cache and grab a coffee while it rebuilds.  YMMV depending on the complexity and size of your projects.

Hope that helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...also, pending Windows updates (if this applies to you).  Our systems run like hot garbage if there are updates pending.  Our updates are managed via group policy, and most times the updates won't properly install.  At times, our systems seem to be caught in some half-installed limbo and Premiere becomes entirely unpredictable.  We routinely have to ask IT to force updates through, and afterward Premiere functions *closer* to what you'd expect.  Not perfect--but certainly less wonky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply!

My media cache is located on my internal SSD and I purged the media cache files already, which sadly didn't help at all with this particular problem. But I kind of found a strange workaround via importing the sequences into a new project. But I think it didn't solve the problem, because I haven't imported all sequences yet, so it might be that the damaged files are still there, only I haven't imported them yet.

How do you recognize the update problem? Is it obvious or could I have overlooked it?

I'm a bit lost, because actually this problem arised when I opened the project, so I didn't make any changes to it and all of a sudden it popped up like a virus. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this same issue immedidately on a mac mini 2020 after updating to the M1 native 15.4.0 Build 7. Prior to updating, this problem never occured. I had other issues with an outdated video plugin (also caused by the upgrade) leading me to run the same build but in the rosetta version; not sure if that has something to do with the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this problem marked as solved? It isn't really. There are a bunch of work-arounds none of which shows consistency. And no real reason to why this happens. It literally hits your out of the blue and you're completely[edited by moderator] stuck.

It cost me two days (!) going through all the fixes and none of it worked. I moved the project to different mashines, but to no avail. Tried to re-enocde but ME would crash because auf "missing frames".

My "solution" was to import the project to PP 2018 via xml.

This is absolutely unexaptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because your footage has an inconsistent bitrate. Look at some of the solutions here on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variable Frame Rate is sometimes an issue, not variable bit rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Unfortunately, I didn't find any solution in the forum. By chat with the customer service, I was recomended to transcode all my MXF files into MPEG or MP4. It's time consuming and makes a loss of quality. The other advice I received was to downgrade to Premiere Pro 2020... But why would I continue to pay for the 2021 version ?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread but adding this here as I didn't see it so far.

Same issue, after doing some digging, here's what I found:

Actual issue: footage has variable frame rate (the codec does not matter), you can confirm this by viewing properties of the clip in PP (it will say variable OR constant frame rate). Adobe does NOT (at least NO LONGER) reads footage exported with variable frame rates. Footage received was from a documentary project working with historial footage with a lower frame rate, therefore the editor rendered using "variable frame rate", hence my issue.

Fix: no need to re-encode. You can convert the footage to use a "constant frame rate" setting using softwares like Handbrake, I used a free trial of EaseFab video converter (here's a link: https://www.easefab.com/video-converter/). If using Easefab, here's a tutorial: https://www.easefab.com/resource/transcode-variable-frame-rate-to-constant-frame-rate.html#2 - it's ONLY FOUR SIMPLE STEPS. 

I simply used the SAME codec of the source footage, but set the frame rate to 29.975. Adobe now reads it properly.

They should probably make a patch to automatically convert or just simply read footage with variable frame rates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madelope,

Thanks for the info. Since I downgraded to the 2020 version I didn't have any problem. I'm afraid to upgrade again... Using your solution, don't you get a loss of quality ?

Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines