• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp Stabilizer causes black frame at the end of a clip.

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to the 2020 Version of PP I'm regularly getting black frames at the ends of clips which didn't happen before.

Happens on multiple machines, on my windows and mac systems. So far mostly happens to canon 700d footage.

I can cut off the last frame and everything works again, but thats just very time consuming to get back to every clip after it is stabilized to check for the ending and if left in the render will fail. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

I think I'll just follow this topic up, since it has been solved for me without doing anything. Contrary to many solutions mentioned here, it has nothing to do with the camera, codec or any other file format.
For me this Problem only ocurred in Project files that where converted from one Premiere version to the newer version. All clips in those timelines seemingly where bugged, so that the warp stabilizer red them differently. Resizing each individual clip fixed this for me.

Every timeline created

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like a response with more details on this. The update a few days ago has made this happen to most clips I apply Warp Stabilizer to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different username but its still me, the author.
So I'm not 100% certain, but it was basically extending the clip by one frame and shortening it, to get the stabilizer to re analyze the scene. Maybe it could have just worked by removing the stabilizer and aplying it again witht the same settings, but I'm really not shure. Was nothing majorly complicated. Maybe just cutting off the broken frame and go from there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Moritz5FE2 , that's exactly what we ended up doing. I did spend some time trying changing all of the options in Warp Stabilizer but wasn't able to get rid of the black frame. So just extended it, then trimmed it, and successfully rendered.

Not ideal, but better than not being able to render or use the effect at all. I hope they look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me as well. I can manually fix it by just re-dragging the clip over to the timeline but this is a pain in the a$$.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and i think it is due to the sequence setting of one clip when merged with another seq. which had a different fps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nest the clip and stabilize it again, it works for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is always updating and chances are you will start a project in one version and finishing in another. You might come back at a project later to make another version of the edit. So it sucks that this brakes. 

The SOLUTION for me was rendering the sequence (as I could not render and replace the clip) and replacing the content of the problematic sequence with the rendered version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED!!

I have had the same issue.  I belive it is caused when importing a sequence into a new sequence of differing FPS.  The dropped frames appear at the end of certain clips and are caused by the warp stabiliser.

There are two solutions:

1.  Nest the affected clip and re-apply Warp Stabiliser (Already mentioned above)

2.  Easiest and best solution, apply an Adjustment Layer over the entire sequence and add an effect such as Camera Blur.  Set effect to 0 so it does not show.  All dropped frames should dissapear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines