• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WARP STABILIZER VFX BUG (CC2018)?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I got Premiere CC 2018, the warp stabilizer VFX hasn't been working correctly. When applied to footage (tried multiple clips, different frame rates, codecs, etc - even perfectly still shots), it adds a small ripple to it - like it's underwater. I use this effect religiously and need this to work without having to go back to the previous version. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

- Corey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show an example.

Or upload a clip.

Warp Stabilizer works perfect for me on W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here ya go!

Warp Stabilizer Bug Example on Vimeo

Make sure your resolution is turned up - you'll have to look for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that if there is too much shaking in the camera the "warp" in the stabilizer can appear to look like a ripple. Alas, not sure if that can be fixed - all depends on the source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an issue of shaky footage - this even happens on perfectly still shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never seen this before.

How did you make the slomo's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I interpreted my 59.94 footage as 23.976. I've also tested this using video file's native frame rate as well, so this isn't the cause. I called Adobe Support and we got it to work by changing my mercury playback engine in the project settings from GPU acceleration (OpenCL) to software only. Then he basically just told me that I will have to edit all my future projects like that from now on. That was not the help I was looking for and it doesn't solve the issue - simply because there's no way I'm going to edit without the GPU acceleration on because it is extremely slow. This used to work in the past with this setting on, I am POSITIVE, but for some reason in the new update, having the renderer set to GPU acceleration (OpenCL) is causing this. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 GB GPU in a 2011 27" Imac. I've also tried changing the sequence setting's video preview codecs to a lot of different settings as well, to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload the clip. I have a mac with open cl. Could test it for you.

In any case file a Bug Report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original clip is in Ultra HD, and is 2:35 long. Here's a shorter clip from the same camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip you uploaded is not very suited to be warped even in slomo had to trim it down to 1 second then slowed it down to 25%.

On the mac I see waves, dont see them on W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't think it was too bad for our purposes. So you see the waves on the mac eh? Is this happening on any of your footage? I would assume it would because I'm seeing it on FS5 footage, A7sii, Canon 5d and C100 footage. All the same. So it seems the openCL on the mac side is having some issues with Warp Stabilizer. What kind of graphics card to you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATI Radon HD 5750 1 GB.

Just tested on my own footage canon 4K 200mbps footage. Same waves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this bug is something specific with the new CC2018 and Macs with AMD graphics cards, since disabling the GPU acceleration seems to fix it. There was never any issues in older versions, so it's not like AMD was always a problem. Maybe I shall submit a bug report..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version do you have on your Imac? The reason I ask - I recently made a jump over to Davinci Resolve to do editing, and when I stabilize the footage in there, I get the same issue. My theory is that it might have something to do with the newer OS and some of the AMD cards, since upgrades to GPU drivers are actually tied into OS upgrades (as opposed to PC's ability to upgrade GPU drivers separately). I thought that I may have a bad GPU at first, but you're getting the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is still present in 2018.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo, I did a clean install of my operating system using a bootable drive. It fixed the issue. Also, everything is WAYYYY faster - I can't believe I waited this long... no more spinning wheels in Premiere. Premiere is now my friend again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I lied. I had a 59.94 fps clip in a 29.97 timeline - which showed a red bar instead of the usual yellow after applying the warp. It worked for this specific instance, even when rendering out that clip with open CL enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer. Yeah, definitely submit a bug request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same problem when the language was changed from English to other problem appeared, resetting to English solved the problem in our exact case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can confirm this bug. On PP 11.1.2 the War Stabilizer works as expected but on PP 12.1 Warp Stalizer VFX creates a nasty ripple effect.

PP 12.1 Warp Stabilizer VFX Problem on Vimeo

I'm filing a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o meu warp stabilizer sumiu como faço para obter  novamente

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, as you can see here: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 problem with Warp Stabilizer VFX

Just on MAC. Why????

When Adobe is fixing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 12.1.2 was released today and looks like it has a ton of bug fixes, including some involving OpenCL rendering, although I don't see anything on the list specifically regarding warp stabilizer on Mac 10.11. Haven't had a chance to download and test the new version to see if they actually fixed this. Any word from anybody who has?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue a few weeks ago and it wasn't fixed in 12.1.2 on an iMac running OSX Sierra.

I rolled back to CC17 and the warp worked just fine.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet in CC18?  Any more updates on the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct this has not been fixed

Please make a bugreport on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines