Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the Feedback on PPrCC2019?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I've held back from installing v13 and wonder how it has gone overall for those that have installed it? I've noticed some irritations on the board, but is the consensus it has actually worked as it oughta and worth giving a bash or should I await the next bug fix...

Regards,

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still on the 12.x builds, go ahead and install and test it. Just keep your 12.x build also installed.

For most of us, it's a great version. The Lumetri changes for me are worth the price of admission in the way they speed and enable greater control in color corrections.

But there's no risk. Upload it, create new projects, and test. Some folks have had instability issues, some have had performance issues. If those pop up, ignore it. If they don't, have at it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... Thanks Neil. Maybe I will give it a bash, then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't hurt, which is good, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glaustin.

I have CC2018 running sd bey side with CC2019 and all seems to be in order. No issues with plugins or renders or any of the bugs that have been reported.

Running on Sierra 10.12.6

Give it a go but make sure its not on a mission critical. Murphy's Law u know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed... I Back-up using Macrium, then run a Windows restore point before installing new (and keep the previous version) Then I try a couple of small test projects before using on client work: reckless is not my middle name...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. I am luckier than most as I have multiple Mac Pros I can "test on" while keeping the 2 main Macs on critical projects and not risking them.

If I am running CC2017 and 2018 releases I install next to 2017, copy over all plugins, scripts etc, check that the common mediocre files are in order, update plugins that arent compatible and then run it in for a month or 3. Once I see its settling down I switch over to 2018 for main work which means getting it onto the "Big Macs".

Only once there is a new version released i.e. CC2019 do I uninstall 2017 with all remnant and pref files associated with it and the testing process begins all over again. Never had any issues whatsoever for years.

Unknown.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your video driver is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow the safe(?) route of using the most updated major version before the current one.

That means I now use version 12.1.2.

However when I look at the long list of bugs fixed in version 13.0 I wonder how I managed to skip all those bugs which are supposed to be in version 12.1.2...

https://helpx.adobe.com/il_en/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most bugs are not nearly universal, something that seems a surprise to many. If they have it, they assume ​everyone​ has it. Total complete across-all-systems bugs are not unheard of but the vast majority only affect a relatively few users.

Now ... relatively few for an app with many thousand users can still be an impressive stand-alone number ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines