• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I scale up my adjustment layer too much my program screen goes black

Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using an adjustment layer in Premiere Pro 24.4.1 (Build 2) on a Macbook Pro 2019. 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, with an AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Graphics, 64GB Memory, Sonoma 14.4.1.
When I'm at 545 for the scale I can see the image, but when I go to 600 or higher, the screen goes black. Any suggestions on what I can adjust so I can still scale up? Thanks!
TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

No worries Dan, happy to help.

The Transform effect tends to chew up a lot of memory, and it could be you've pushed it too far with a large sequence size and multiple layers. 

I have a couple recommendations:

1. Try nesting your clips and using the nested sequence's Motion > Scale effect.
  2.  Try adding your PNG files to a Graphic clip (Graphics & Titles > New layer > From File) and adjusting the overall scale of the layers with the Vector Motion effect. (this is the way I would usually do it)

Hope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your sequence size and a screenshot of your timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paul, thanks for reaching out. Here's my timeline and sequence settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries Dan, happy to help.

The Transform effect tends to chew up a lot of memory, and it could be you've pushed it too far with a large sequence size and multiple layers. 

I have a couple recommendations:

1. Try nesting your clips and using the nested sequence's Motion > Scale effect.
  2.  Try adding your PNG files to a Graphic clip (Graphics & Titles > New layer > From File) and adjusting the overall scale of the layers with the Vector Motion effect. (this is the way I would usually do it)

Hope this helps!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh interesting. I've never added PNG files as graphic clips. I'll try that out. Does that turn them into Vectors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't turn them into vectors, but it allows you to stack them and scale/position them in ways that you otherwise can't with adjustment layers or nesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the tip! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines