• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE ARE THE PREINSTALLED LUTS?!? EXISTING LUTS DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST.

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. Just upgraded to latest Premiere 2024. When I click on the drop down menu for LUTS in Lumetri Color/ Basic Correction/ Input LUT -- THERE ARE NO LUTS AVAILABLE except a few I used years ago. 

Aren't there supposed to be a bunch of LUTS available in Premiere Pro? WHERE ARE THEY?

I go to Browse and to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/ and there is NO LUTS FOLDER. THERE. No, I didn't move it. I just installed it and have never done anythig with any LUTS folder ever.

The manual says:

To add a LUT, do the following:

1. Select a clip in the Timeline panel.

2. Do one of the following:

• In the Lumetri panel, open the Basic Correction tab.
    • In the Effects Control panel, open the Basic Correction tab from the Lumetri section.
  3. In the Basic Correction tab, select the Input LUT dropdown menu. You can add existing LUTs from Premiere Pro. To add a new LUT, click Browse…

But that is LIES ,all LIES. No such LUTS appear. 

Why does Adobe hate me?  Should I overcome my natural aversion to FCP? Ick. Please don't make me do that!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted in your other thread, there is an installation problem on your machine. Why in the world would anyone assume that "Adobe" would have some staffer spend time to mess your installation among the several million daily users?

Everyone else got them on installation  ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an ahole you are. WHy do yo go to the trouble to denby my problem? WTF would I post about it if it did not occur? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check folder permissions on your system:

Check Folder Permissions

1. Locate the LUT Folder:
    • Custom LUTs are usually stored in the following directories:
      • Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical for system-wide access.
      • User-Specific: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical for user-specific access.
  2. Check and Adjust Permissions:
    • Open Finder and navigate to the appropriate folder (use Go > Go to Folder and paste the path).
    • Right-click on the Technical folder and select Get Info.
    • At the bottom of the Info window, you’ll see the Sharing & Permissions section.
    • Ensure that your user account has Read & Write permissions.
    • If not, click the lock icon to make changes, then adjust the permissions accordingly.
  3.  Consider also resetting the preferences and cleaning media cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, but I am NOT looking for CUSTOM LUTS. So the folders you refer to for Custom LUTS are not the thing. I am looking for the LUTs that are supposed to be preinstalled with Premiere. If such LUTS do not exist, then please tell me and I'll stop looking for them and bothering people 😉  I do not have any custom LUTS and have no idea how to make or get them. I just want the preinstalled ones to exist. 

Just for safety I went to those folders and checked permissions. However, the the first folder you mention (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical for system-wide access) DOES NOT EXIST on my system, The only folder inside the Commons folder is called PlugIns and contains Motion Array Plugins. There is NO LUTS folder, as I mentioned before. And this is a fresh brand new install of Premiere as of June 23.

I wil try resetting the prefs and cleaning media cache as soon as I figur eout how to do that. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW< this folder you refer to DOES exist on my system: 

User-Specific: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical for user-specific access.

However,  it is empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for your help, but none of the solutions you offered work. I deleted and reinstalled Premiere as well, but still no LUTS in the drop down menu. 

I'll just chalk it up to yet another Premiere bug in an already super buggy program. Ot maybe *sigh* I'll call tech support and listen to them tell me the same thing nut take 2 hours to do it 😞  Perhaps it's time to look at Resolve but I really don't wanna learn another program, darn it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that folder is empty Premiere didn't have access to write to it.

Which is an issue on that machine.  And I do expect that the Help folks can get you through this, as THIS IS NOT A BUG ... it is an issue of permissions on your machine.

Which can be thorny and really freaking annoying at times, I've been there myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I repeat, ALL THESE FOLDERS HAVE PERMISSIONS for all users to READ AND WRITE.

It is very disheartening that insted of helping, people responding to my post IGNORE what I've described and blame the victim! Are you responding just to be mean? What is your motive in ignoring the fact that I have already addressed this possible solution? Holy crap.  What is wrong with you people?

You all blame me like I've done something wrong. All folders have permission. I have done a complete reinstall. Cleared the cache, etc. I have done everything Adobe says to do as well the suggestions here.

Yet you people continue to repeat yourselves and blame me! What sad pathetic Adobe fanbois are dwelling here. I'm guessing you're fanbois since you're rationalizing the bugs in Premeire instead of helpng.

This is by far the most unhelpful forum on the internet with the most rude people imaginable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't a clue what you expect of us fellow users. We don't know your machine or really what you've done. We volunteer time to help, and for that get the response you're giving.

Jumping on people volunteering to try and help is perhaps not a wise thing.

Several million people use this each day. Who have the included LUTs in the installation on their machines. But you don't seem to like to work with us to troubleshoot what is different, clearly, on your machine, from the vast majority of other users.

Well, at that point, there's not much "we" can do for you. Which frustrates me no end. I come here to help and learn, and have happily helped thousands of others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 152 files in the LUTs folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines