• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where Did all my Presets go? and My Luts?

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i just updated to the New Premiere Pro latest version, and i cant find none of my preset transitions i had in effects,! nor my Luts

and it sucks because i was working on a project and the custom transitions i had used are not there, how do i get everything back

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can import presets to get them back.

Adobe engineers have advised against 'installing' LUTs.  Instead, create a LUTs folder in your Creative Cloud Files and Browse to apply.  That LUT will then be available on any machine you're signed into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect example, how do i get my custom preset export settings back, what folder did these go or where do i import them dont get me wrong i like the fact that adobe updates their software but if it changes my settings around, it gets frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i get my custom preset export settings back, what folder did these go

Wherever you put them when you exported them for safekeeping.

You did do that, yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should mention here (even though this thread is old) that this can happen when to correct other issues we "blow up" our settings profile which (in Windows) is at users\_username_\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\[Version_no]\Profile-_username_\Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset.

I just had this happen - another error caused me to rename this folder to 12.0 old from 12.0. Because I did that, the file of the above name was preserved, and when Premiere regenerated the folder (and corrected the error which caused the program to crash predictably under circumstances not relevant here) because I didn't delete the previous folder those settings were there just necessitating that I replace that one file. The lesson here is when appropriate rename, don't delete! Hope it helps someone...

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you elaborate alittle bit on how to do this? would be most helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines