• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my timeline/sequence go?! Please help!

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent around 15-20 hours on a project. when I was about 5 minutes from finishing, I maximized the timeline panel as shown in the 1st picture below. While trying to click "Restore Panel Group Size" I hit this spacebar, or some hotkey, or accidentally hit "close panel group". When I reopened the timeline panel, all my hours of hard work were instantly gone. How do I recover my sequence on the timeline? If you can fix this problem for me, I will send you $20 through paypal.

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 9.26.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-15 at 9.28.19 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Look for these or try search:

sequence lost.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what if theres no sequence file? Ive tried everything even my autosave files wont bring back the sequence? Theres no sequence file in the project bins on any of them. I defenetly did work and done manual saves even done the "Render effects in to Out " on the sequence. Is my project salvagable or am i going to have to start again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are no sequences in your project then you have to start over.

Are your other assets still present?

Render effects in to out is of no importance for having a sequence or not in your project.

Did you do a search?

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching for "sequence" does not locate the sequence when this bug is active.

I believe PP is hiding the sequence or not loading it. Frequently saving the project does not help.

I have enountered this on two projects with difference sequences, when I select Reveal Sequence in Project, it opens a Bin that contains no sequence. This critical bug from 5 years ago is still active and there seems to be no resolution.

As it stands, I cannot find the sequences anywhere on my hard drive.

RevealSeq.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequences are not stored on your hard drive they are part of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justin,

No sequence? You may have deleted it by mistake. That can happen quite easily in certain cases.

You might try opening one of your Auto Save projects. Do you have it enabled in Preferences?

If you do not have a current Auto Save project, hopefully, you have some sort of recent backup project file. Do you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

i tried to look in all my auto save project but i couldn't find the sequence. i don't know what i should do.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I just had the same problem and searching "seq" brought it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with the resolved solution here I just lose all my edit markers and whatnot? I'm new to this so don't know the correct jargon. I found the sequence and put it back on the timelines and it's just one continuous file instead of showing the literal hundreds of cuts, audio files, image files, video files.... I don't know if there is a more frustrating suite of programs to use in the world than Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insert and overwrite.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matthewjameswho, you´re doing it wrong. Instead of putting the sequence on the timeline, you have to double click on the sequence inside your project bin, in order to open it on the timeline and edit it with all the original cuts and markers.

Booom, solved! 😉

Best regards,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, and YOU SOLVED IT! Saved my life, thank you very much. 

Best regards,
Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 1 thing that happened to me recently that scared the sh** out of me was I had multiple projects open and it turns out I saved the sequence to a different "project" than I thought I did. Look through all your projects and look for any sequence, click on all of them one at a time to see if it's the one you saved it to. Hope this helps anyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just posted the same thing. So obvious, but so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I lost a sequence, I discovered it in a previous project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines